6 times world champion

Simon Waterfall Syman84

I think it’s rare in any field for the top performers to be likeable people. Just doesn’t fit. Absolutely no denying their ability as drivers/sports persons,/whatever applies, just don’t expect them to be ‘nice’ or even decent human beings. Schumacher for example was an entirely calculating and blatant cheat - worked for him on many an occasion.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, clansman said:

I think Sir Jackie Stewart has a very valid point.....the Mercedes has been the car to catch for some time. To be honest F1 is about as exciting as watching paint dry. Far more entertaining motorsport in RallyX, Rallying, Moto GP , WSB and British superbikes etc 

Or the Westfield Speed Series :black-westy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think he will be far more appreciated years after he’s retired, which is a shame as we should embrace the success now. Same happened with schuey, most at the time thought he was a complete knob, but afterwards when his sheer ruthlessness subsided his more human and likeable side came out and more people endeared to him (granted some will still think he’s a knob, maybe less so after his sad skiing accident)

i would however like to see Lewis up against a real world class opponent in the same car before his retirement, ok he was with alonso briefly, button actually had the edge in points over the 3 years at McLaren,  rosberg was lucky with reliability and I don’t consider bottas to be a threat. Imagine max vs Lewis in the same team, or even Lewis vs leclerc At Ferrari, it would be epic to watch, a complete nightmare for the team, but great for the viewer. Will never happen though, Merc have the perfect setup, top driver to win the drivers and a yes man wingman to back him up for the constructors and no real drama between the drivers.

• Like 1

On 15/11/2019 at 08:39, maurici said:

He is a very good driver. No questions asked here.

And he is been really good since... forever: an example: istambul 2006. (If you have never seen this race... take a brew, send it to the tv, have some paper roll on hand, you are likely to need it and enjoy...)

The older he gets the more mature he becomes. Excellent driving skills and nowadays very smart in the cockpit. That simply can't be argued.

BUT.. he is also a media star, and this is what most Hamilton's haters will use as supporting evidence. He is a driver. His life outside the track should be fairly irrelevant, and should not be judged for this.

I personally hate him. Can't help... since all the McLaren-Alonso thing happened... but you will never hear me say a bad word about him... he is a proper driver.

Brilliant! Sheer raw talent and determination! :cool:

• Like 1

Well no doubt about it , Max took him on fair and square in Brazil and for once was able to show his class . Hamilton will have to work a lot harder for another WC if Max Red Bull & Honda keep improving .

Looking forward to the next round :t-up:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pistonbroke said:

Well no doubt about it , Max took him on fair and square in Brazil and for once was able to show his class . Hamilton will have to work a lot harder for another WC if Max Red Bull & Honda keep improving .

Looking forward to the next round :t-up:

Hell of a race! :yes: .. its a shame the Ferraris weren't in the mix at the end. Either way, Max looked pretty much un stoppable.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

Nice to see lewis come out and admit a mistake rather than the usual bulls*** excuses a-la Vettel.

But would he have fezzed up if the championship was at stake ?  :t-up: