Old style 14" wheels

Davep1

Probably like many owners, I seem to have accumulated sets of superceded wheels that are cluttering up my garage.

Is there any use trying to advertise old style (Westfield original) 14" wheels (6J x 14 ET20).

Their value is only scrap value, but before I weigh them in (after removing old tyres) are there any other groups who could use them (eg old RWD fords)?

Would be more than happy to give them away to anyone who could use / refurb them (But living in SW Scotland makes it harder)... what have you done with yours?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Davep1 said:

Probably like many owners, I seem to have accumulated sets of superceded wheels that are cluttering up my garage.

Is there any use trying to advertise old style (Westfield original) 14" wheels (6J x 14 ET20).

Their value is only scrap value, but before I weigh them in (after removing old tyres) are there any other groups who could use them (eg old RWD fords)?

Would be more than happy to give them away to anyone who could use / refurb them (But living in SW Scotland makes it harder)... what have you done with yours?

Out of curiosity what do they look like ? (I wonder what "westfield original") stands for... 

These ?

image.png.3c93ed52581c99822cbd70689327c643.png

If it was me I'd stick them on eBay with a starting price = to what you'd get weighing them in and see where they go. 

Out of curiosity what do they look like ? (I wonder what "westfield original") stands for... 

These ?

Similar ... slightly different centre caps. They were the bees knees in 1990!

Have put them on local facebook marketplace at £50 for 8 - and no response at all.

Looks like its the scrappers for them sadly...

IMG_1147[1].JPG

"Local Facebook market" place sounds to me like you are limiting the potential viewing audience. 

I think eBay would be a better bet. Plenty of Ford hubbed kit cars out there who might see these as the ideal early Christmas present...

3 hours ago, Davep1 said:

These ?

Similar ... slightly different centre caps. They were the bees knees in 1990!

Have put them on local facebook marketplace at £50 for 8 - and no response at all.

Looks like its the scrappers for them sadly...

IMG_1147[1].JPG

Those are Rimstars.  I had a set myself a few years ago with Westfield badges I added in the centre caps and had no problems selling them. :)

Thanks for the replies - Its the carriage (at £36 Min) that really makes them uneconomic to sell, as they are not worth a lot more than that anyway.

If anyone wants a set as build wheels (unlikely as they are et20 offset), or trailer wheels, they are welcome to collect them!

36 quid carriage? How much do they weigh? :o 

Again if that was me I'd mention the carriage costs in the text of the advert, and I'd add in that if the buyer is within xxx miles then maybe you could meet them half way at the services or something.