• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Electric rivetgun

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

Got talking in my local HSS hire place last week, while returning the engine crane. The guy behind the counter was interested in the whole self build bit, and statred telling me about all the ways they could help  ???

Apparently amongst all the other handy bits and bobs, they now do an electric (cordless) rivet gun  :D Any one tried these? Or will I be the first to risk it :p

Not used one of these but recently used an air powered riveter and found it very good currently looking for one myself at a reasonable cost  :D so if anyone knows of a cheap supply please let me know  :blues:

Also worth lookng at Lazy Tong riveter. About £25 - £ 30, (Vehicle Wiring Products or machine Mart) . needs reasonably clear access but makes panel rivetting fun :D

:D Any one tried these? Or will I be the first to risk it :p

The one that I have used is sold under the name of AVDEL and EMHART,both identical.They are extremely good but make sure that you use the correct size nose piece to suit the rivet mandrel otherwise you can get mandrel pull through and the rivet will not hold. :bangshead:  :angry:

I,ve just started my module build and can certainly recommend cordless popriveter at approx.£16 + VAT hire per week. Does the bis and after 600+ rivets nice soft hands!

Hi

We use cordless rivet guns in work (not sure what make), they are bl**** marvelous and take lodsa misuse and still work.

Rivet pin falls into magazine in gun so pins dont fall on floor.

They work all day with about two charges.

Rob

:p I too hired the elecronic gun and found it great. However you need one loads during the build  ( bodywork   +interior trim) and they aren't  always available when you need one.

I splashed out on an air rivitor from machine mart ( circa £50-60) Its always there when i need it. I know you need a compressor but then you can also have air drills and Ratchets.

They make a nice noise and the build soo much easier.

You cab always flog them  on the site later.

WE04STY is nearly ready. Hope to see you guys at the stafford show :cool: