My new years resolution

Chris Elworthy

Since me and the current Mrs. E met 21 years ago I haven't prepared a single thing in the kitchen, except for coffee and the kitchen itself of course.

I have been advised to start with something simple like preparing and baking a loaf of bread, so this is what I intend to do.

I did think however that just plain old bread would be a bit boring so havingtried a few speciality breads I've plumped for the Dill Bread which is one of my favourites.

Problem is, I cannot find a proper recipe for it.

Can any of the lady posters out there tell me what sort of dough I should use for Dill bread and how long does it take to rise?

Thanks. :love:

Is this a wind up ???????? :D  :p  ???

I can lend you a Delia book if you like, I think my missus keeps it somewhere in that room with the funny name ....um.. Kerching .... Kiteshin .....Kit Chin or summat ......

???

I think my missus keeps it somewhere in that room with the funny name ....um.. Kerching .... Kiteshin .....Kit Chin or summat ......

The room you are forced to spend thousands on and they hate stepping foot in it.

Chris, It would be wrong for any woman to inhibit this enthusiasm, so I have unearthed this recipe from my ancient recipe books.  Hope it works.  

Ammonia Girl

Ingredients:

1 pkg. yeast

¼ C warm water

1 C creamed cottage cheese

2 Tbs. sugar

1 Tbs. minced onion

1 heaping Tbs. butter

2 tsp. dill seed

1 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. soda

1 egg

2 ½ C flour

Directions:

Soften yeast in water.  Combine all but flour in a large bowl.  Add flour gradually to form a soft dough, beating well after each addition.  Cover and let rise in a warm place until light and double in size (about 50-60 minutes).  Stir down and turn into a well-greased 8-inch two-quart casserole.  Let rise until light (30-40 minutes).  Bake 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes or until golden brown.  Brush top with soft butter and sprinkle with salt.  

:)  :)

Wow!

Isn't that fortunate that Ammonia Girl dropped by to make her maiden post :p  :p

Like 7SE said buy a bread machine :D  :D

David

Whoa  :devil:  :D  :devil: washing machines, christmas present ideas and now bl**** bread recipes  :devil:  :D  :devil:  :D  :blush:  :blush:  :blush: This is embarassing  :devil:  :devil:  :blush:  :blush:  :xmas:  :suspect:  :suspect:

Mr E Simply re-secure Mrs E's chains to the cooker please  :devil:  :D  :devil:  :D  :devil:

Chris, It would be wrong for any woman to inhibit this enthusiasm, so I have unearthed this recipe from my ancient recipe books.  Hope it works.  

Ammonia Girl

Ingredients:

1 pkg. yeast

¼ C warm water

2 Tbs. sugar

1 Tbs. minced onion

1 heaping Tbs. butter

2 tsp. dill seed

1 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. soda

1 egg

2 ½ C flour

Directions:

Soften yeast in water.  Combine all but flour in a large bowl.  Add flour gradually to form a soft dough, beating well after each addition.  Cover and let rise in a warm place until light and double in size (about 50-60 minutes).  Stir down and turn into a well-greased 8-inch two-quart casserole.  Let rise until light (30-40 minutes).  Bake 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes or until golden brown.  Brush top with soft butter and sprinkle with salt.  

Have you tried my Christmas cake curry........Nitric Acid Man HNO.3 :D

Ammonia Girl

Ingredients:

1 pkg. yeast

¼ C warm water

2 Tbs. sugar

1 Tbs. minced onion

1 heaping Tbs. butter

2 tsp. dill seed

1 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. soda

1 egg

2 ½ C flour

Directions:

Thank you for this encouragement.

Just to make sure I have understood your recipe correctly, the important steps are:

You produce your DILL DOUGH

You beat it well after each addition.

And once its warmed up it doubles in size and rises until the light comes on.

Thanks Ammonia Girl, I can almost picture this going on now in your kitchen.

Happy New Year.

Boom tish  :D  :devil:  :D  Mr E stands up and takes a round of applause  :D  :devil:  :D  :xmas:

/invisible to SWMBO mode on/

I was worried there for a moment Chris, thought i was going to be sharing a marquee with a woofter!

/invisible to SWMBO mode off/