Windy's winter workshop

windy

New diff tunnel to house the bigger rear axle is now in place. Took a long time to suss the size of the hole to cut for the new metal but got there in the end. Complicated intersection of curves needed a bit of guesswork!

803.jpeg

The inner arches at the rear have been extended upwards to allow clearance for the tyres on the wider track for the larger atlas axle. Looks a bit strange but will shortly be covered with some alloy arches which will hide things.

804.jpeg

Steve. Have you an update on the Elan? Not much happening perhaps still recovering from Crimbo over exuberance? :D  ;)

no no wendy the elans coming on fine ,doors on glass- polycarb in allround , dash in pick up my stack this week  :) seats are in , :t-up: and i am really chuffed with it  :t-up:  :oops:

the elans coming on fine

New diff tunnel to house the bigger rear axle is now in place

`kin ell Ive hardly started my rebuild I`ve been so busy at work.

Decided that whatever happens it`ll be on the road 1st May :p

......it`ll be on the road 1st May

And knowing you Hilux, it'll be in the Autotrader on the 1st of June....  :devil:  :devil::p:p

thats the best place for it  ;)  :arse:  :suspect:  :oops:  :t-up:

And knowing you Hilux, it'll be in the Autotrader on the 1st of June....  

thats the best place for it  

Gutted, I`m absolutely gutted.........................

Just wait, just you lot wait  :angry:  :angry:  its gonna kick some A*** next year (eventually, possibly, errrr........sometime anyway :down:  )

Maybe I wont have a go at the WSCC in it if Im gonna be ridiculed........

This is a long term project and hopefully (God willing and all that) it will end up aeroscreened and track day spec`d something like this (admittedly without the updated bonnet.)

Now where did I put my rebuild manual

HAPPY NEW YEAR     :D  :D  :D

ps: It does NOT have a hair dryer holster whatever you may have heard.