Die Alpen 2019 (Was Le Alps)

Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO

I watched it earlier what an amazing job of editing it all together. My personal favourite moment was Jordan clearly getting annoyed at being passed on the ring then putting in a great lap. 

It really does light the fire into finishing the car and doing trips like that.

• Like 2

Superb, just watched it all, well done to Ian for all the hard work of putting it together and sharing it with us. 

• Like 1

Excellent video, very professional job, well done Ian, entertaining watch, thanks.

Lucky you all negotiated the cows without getting any “presents” :p. Was the downhill spin deliberate?

7 minutes ago, Adge Cutler- Dorset AO said:

Was the downhill spin deliberate?

Definitely not!

• Haha 1

Half way through the video & I can appreciate the time and effort that has gone into this video! Looks like you guys had a blast, roll on 2020 road trip. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adge Cutler- Dorset AO said:

Excellent video, very professional job, well done Ian, entertaining watch, thanks.

Lucky you all negotiated the cows without getting any “presents” :p. Was the downhill spin deliberate?

With no LSD, it took brutal behaviour to make the back end move around a bit, that time round, just a little too brutal! However, after the first "catch" failed, letting it spin to the inside of the curve was definitely deliberate, trying and failing to catch further could have meant going off on the other side of the road, which was several hundred feet down to a lake!

(note, it's effectively a private toll road in the middle of a huge private nature park etc. etc...)

Fate however is a weird thing, giving the car a quick check over afterwards, found Id lost a bit of coolant, then found a loose pipe clip that when I waggled a hose let it come right off the pipework in my hand! Fitted a fresh clip, refitted the hose and topped up with water and was good to go again. But if I hadn't found it when I did, it could have blown off at any time and dumped all the coolant out!

• Like 1

Which reminds me, the geo on the Sigma has never been done in my ownership, really must get it sorted, have no idea where it's currently at!

39 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

However, after the first "catch" failed, letting it spin to the inside of the curve was definitely deliberate, trying and failing to catch further could have meant going off on the other side of the road, which was several hundred feet down to a lake!

..... and there’s me thinking you didn’t want to wipe me (and phone!) out .... 😅

• Haha 3

Absolutely fantastic vid just watched it :yes:

• 2 months later...

As lots are now trapped at home. I'm more than happy to send the video over to any interested members. Just PM your e-mail address and I'll send it over by WeTransfer.

• Like 1