New Owner

MJP

Hi everyone.  I pick up my SEight on Saturday, second hand (2008) and I’m hoping it’s a good one🤞Oh and I hope it’s dry on Saturday!  When I get it home, clean it and then what? apart from wiping the smile from my face?  Obviously I checked all I could at the time of buying but what checks would members recommend in the first few weeks of ownership and what would you recommend to get to know a westie for the first time?

l looked at kit cars 20 year ago but couldn’t really afford one.  I’ve brought a completed car this time with a view to get to understand them better and if a really like it then perhaps build my own one in a few years time. Pointers appreciated.

• Like 2

:ww: from Scarborough.

Don't forget to post pictures as we love pictures.

Plus its the law.

Hello and welcome. I bought a Seight a few years ago and they are total headturners. I would recommend enjoying it for this summer without doing anything unnecessary. You will find out what is needed if you use it. Give it a thorough service to make sure that you know what you have got. Change the oil. Then think about what fun you can have in the winter. Oh - photos please!!  

• Like 1

First thing to do is to get out and drive it. Also get along to your local meeting, you'll soon get used to it. 

• Like 1

First... Check the rear view mirrors!! 

Welcome to the club... From Buckingham. 

Welcome and enjoy Saturday just take it easy until you get used to it especially if conditions are damp

first job is to put pictures up then enjoy using her

Well thanks folks, wasn’t really expecting any replies.  Sounds like the order of the first few weeks is enjoy... I’m sure I will and pictures will follow. Thanks 😀

• Like 2

:ww: from sunny Somerset. Enjoy your ew "toy". As been said, take it gently (especially if it's damp!) till you get used to it. 

Enjoy it :)

What spec is it?

If you have underslung exhausts watch out for speed humps (especially the ones in Islip), and if you have a standard sump remember that is the next lowest point so don't centre obstructions in the road (bricks, rocks, logs) as you may catch them (depends on your ride height and set-up). I drove mine around Oxford for 8 years and there are some fantastic roads but some that have very pronounced subsidence which used to make my ground on the exhaust at higher speeds. If you have side pipes you should be fine.

Happy driving.

Luke.

• Like 1

Welcome!  I recommend an oil and filter change and possibly gearbox and diff especially - if it’s been driven hard and you intend to do the same....you never really know the history of these donor parts. For the cost of the fluids (relative to the cost of the car) it’s good value!  

Maybe also take the cam covers off and do a compression check for peace of mind 👍🏻

OK got the car back, no the best of journeys M25 and wet :-( .  However have now had a few great runs out really pleased :-)

Now for the silly question, where's the best place to post pictures? Or do I just attach them to the post?

• Like 2