• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

What Seats ??????

Enterpryse

I've been considering a change to the race seats for ages, would be interested in your experiences.

Also, what's the current price?

Andy

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• Enterpryse

• scott beeland

• chazpowerslide

I'm also in the race seat camp. They are a lot more supportive than the lardy ones ;). Also I found that in cars with the sports seats I was looking straight at the top of the windscreen/frame which I didn't like :( I'm not that tall either ~6ft.

The race seats aren't already fixed to runners which allows you to fit them lower and tailer your driving position + you already sit lower in them anyway

HTH.

Ian   :cool:

I'm after length rather than height. My knees are bent enough to get in the way of the steering wheel at times. Was hoping that the thinner back on the race seats might give me a couple more inches of leg room.

Andy

Andy,

From wat I remember you could mount the race seats as far back as you like - the only thing between you and the rear panel of the cockpit would be the thikness of the seat itself IYSWIM  :D

You can also tip the seat forwards/backwards the adjust how much thay press on the backs of your legs when sittin in the seat - this should have the effect of raisin/lowering your knees  ;)

Ian

I guess all I need to do now is to decide to part with some cash ;)

Andy

......I went for the 'lardy' WF seats in the end. Twas as much to do with dosh as anything else in the end. Thanks to all who replied :):):)

Stuart

How much are the race seats compared to the 'lardy' ones?

Ta.

Andy

There is a difference in the list prices Sports Seats are 230ea, Race Seat Shell GRP 149, Race Seat Vinyl 201ea. Seat blade kits for the Race seats  39.99ea (fixed) 59.99ea (adjustable).

They do other options too but best call the factory.

Stuart:)

Does anyone know if the standard runners would fit the race seats?

60 quid a set for the runners sounds a bit much...but I guess if that's what they cost...

Andy

So what are the 'adjustable blades' referred to above?

To put it simply, if I want to change my lardy seats (currently adjustable) for padded race seats (and for these also to be adjustable) what would I have to buy?

Ta.

Andy

The seats and blades.

Adjustable blade kits ;) are blades and runners, fixed kit is blades only.

Basically, they're only "adjustable" in that the blades have various holes drilled in them to allow you to adjust the rake of the seat by unbolting and moving it, fore-aft movement is achieved by fitting the runners you already have between the blades and the floor.

You could do loads worse than the playskool grp or carbon race seat. v comfy; supportive. sit you VERY low in car and are good price.

Scott (oh and they're not bendy)