What Seats ??????

Enterpryse

I'm considering buying some Cobra Roadster 7 for my SDV. Well I'm considering a few actually but apart from the Westfield ones these seem favourite.

The options seem to be ;

Cobra Roadster 7

Richfield RX777

Intatrim Oydssey

Intartrim Ranger

Westfields own

Does anyone have any views on these?  They won't be used for track days and will have the occasional LONG journey (Le Mans in June for instance  :-)   ) and I need some lumbar support for meold decrepid back.

Do they, or can they be fitted to the exitisting mounting holes design for the Westfield seats.

How high are the WF seats off the floor pan, it would be handy for Seat Runner comparisons!.

Thanks all :-)  

Stuart :)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• Enterpryse

• scott beeland

• chazpowerslide

Chaz, what runners did you use and did they fit the car's pre-drilled holes OK?

I don't know how the seats fit to the runners yet but hope to see some on Monday.

Thanks

Stuart

stuart,

imho the westfield seats are the best option,have seen many westfields with other brand seats fitted and i think they look pants :oops:

most race seats(grp/carbon) look good from the majority of other companies, its just the padded comfy ones from other companies that look pants!! if you get what i mean ???

I have driven to germany and back twice with westfield race seats(covered) and i suffer with a bad back! but still find them more supportive than the big spongey ones, i think sometimes its how you fit the seat that makes it more comfy rather than having wads of sponge!!

hope some of this helps stuart.

regards

will

I suppose it's all a matter of personal taste RE Will's comments.

I did not use runners, they are just sitting on the floor at present.

When I get around to fitting the runners they'll be the Cobra ones to go with the seats (about £30 each)

Try Europa, they stock the Cobra range including the runners.

Chaz.

mine are grey alcantara in the centre, black vinyl outside half cobra 7s, harness holes with no cobra logo, they were not cheap but they look good and are very comfy :blues:

I'm with Will. I've driven to Le Mans with the padded Westfield race seats, and found them probably the most comfy seat around. I've had lower back surgery, so I know exactly what uncomfortable would mean! ! ! ! !

However, we're all different, so I guess the only real answer is to get to a local meet or two, and sit in a few.......

Thanks everyone. I think its between the Roadster's and the lardy WF offerings.

Do the runners for the Cobra's just screw in to the base of the seats? Must be a b******* to measure up and fix to the floor pan.

Stuart:)

I have fitted Cobra 7 roadsters in my se... a bit snug to fit ...did not use runners it takes the hight of the seat up to high and bein nearly 6FT my head is over the roll bar...

But they look the muts nuts especialy with harness holes..

Simon.P. :D  ;)  :D  ;)

Hi Stuart - I've got the leather high back westfield seats in my westy - did the coast 2 coast with Simon H last yearand covered about 700 miles in 3 days - no problem

However I've been told by several other westy owners that the 'padded' race seats from westfield are even better - these were people who used to have the high back seats but now have the newer seats (megapaul had them in his before he recently sold it)

Hi Stuart, and to finally answer the question of how the runners are mounted......

The runner bolts (6mm bolts IRRC) to the bottom of the seat via captive nuts in the seat base (2 per side)

The runners then bolt through the floor.

I'd use a cardboard template to get all the floor pan holes in the right place, you should'nt have too nuch trouble.

Chaz

Ive got the Westfield padded race seats, not been on any length of journey but they do feel very supportive, more so than the WF sports seats.