oil out dipstick

Gary Jayes

I have oil leaking now from the top of my dipstick.

Fitted catch can 

routed pipe from oil filler into can

routed pipe from arrestor side of engine into can

fitted filter to top of can (get hazy blue smoke out)

cured leak bottom of dipstick holder

Any ideas before the show

Gaz

You sure it’s from the top of the dipstick?

Mine leaked where the dipstick seatsin the dipstick tube (Redtop  engine).  Cure was to fit a new O ring, they do wear out.

4 hours ago, Peter Robinson said:

what engine Gaz?

Pete

2.0 litre ford pinto. 1989 year

Gaz

8 minutes ago, SootySport said:

You sure it’s from the top of the dipstick?

Mine leaked where the dipstick seatsin the dipstick tube (Redtop  engine).  Cure was to fit a new O ring, they do wear out.

I fitted the tube back in the block so I know it isn't  coming out that joint. If I take the dstick  the oil cos out the tube 2.0 pinto

Gaz

Double check all your breathers open them up and see if this stops the vapour, as it sounds like a blocked crankcase breather or similar. 

• Like 1

I’m reading that as, oil is pushing out of the dipstick tube with the engine running and the dipstick out. If that’s the case there is too much pressure build up in the sump.  Have you done a compression test for the combustion chambers? worn rings, or compared the engine breather piping with another Xflow Westfield.

• Like 1

Engine rebuild time if the breathers are all clear, which it sounds like they are as you are getting blue haze out of the catch can filter:no: