Wanted section

What is the point of having a wanted section people don't look at it  ,put all the sale and wants under one section

Just moved this into the website forum.

Personally, I would find it difficult scrolling through a list and trying to work out what was wanted and what was for sale unless folks were extra vigilant and wrote for sale or wanted on their posts, never gonna happen, hence separate sections.

I also think it's simply the unambiguous distinction between the two that we have separate areas.

I also believe folks do look at the wanted posts, I wonder if the system allows for those kind of stats...to see how busy that area is... Got me thinking now. (Nips off behind the scenes to look, hopefully won't break anything :oops:)

• Like 1

When I’ve had stuff left over from upgradeitis, I’ve used the Wanted section to see if anyone else needs it before putting up a general For Sale ad.  Generally speaking, people who put up a wanted ad are often in dire need of a part after an issue and before an event or trip.  Help a club member in need, you get help when you need it,  Karma thingy. :)

And as far as Parts go, a picture paints a thousand words...

E61C7C70-43EA-4873-8D56-1A619467E4AA.jpeg

• Like 1

It's easy to see at a glance how many people have viewed a wanted add as the stats are right there next to the post. At a glance I can't see that there's much of difference between views of parts wanted and parts for sale.  From my experience though I don't open and read a wanted advert if I don't have the part the person is looking for, whereas for sale adverts tend to contain multiple items so I would be more likely to look and see if there was something I might want to buy.

image.png.f17353a8fb2aeba6751d66f3eca879eb.png

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply Sellers won't get the message  (hint )if the message is in a different section of the forum 

It is very frustrating listing parts wanted and then finding the items you need have sold on the for sale section .

Thanks for the reply its just having a spent 2 years and thousands of pounds buying parts off the forum and members well over what a finished running car sells for I'm at the point of packing in

The picture only tells you how many people posted for sale  and wanted posts  not how many people listing for sale posts checked or spotted the wanted  posts 

I found a similar problem.

Just tick the 'follow' the parts for sale section and you receive an email every time a new a new item is posted for sale.... I've found this very useful

Sometimes people don't look at the wanted section

sometimes the wanted post may be 3 to 4 pages down the list..so it's missed.

And people may want to advertise in for sale to get access to the more buyers 

Hope this helps? 

Thanks for the info I wondered how people new parts were listed. 

Just frustrated 

28 minutes ago, Liz03 said:

Just frustrated 

Problem is we are all individuals. Some of us will take time to see if someone wants something before posting an ad and others will not read any instructions, info, rules or guidelines and post what they want wherever they want (leaving us to tidy it up!)

(Edit : most will be somewhere in between)

So regardless of what a section is called or what it is supposed to contain, people will be people!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1