Peak District Run Out, Sun 7th April, Matlock, 10.30am

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Meet at Sainsbury's Matlock, DE4 3SP, 10.30am on Sunday 7th April for a run out around the Peak District.

Petrol, toilets and refreshments are available at Sainsbury's. We will be calling for lunch at a suitable establishment, including the usual calorie laden yummyness's.

Weather dependent, anyone joining us?

• Like 1

I will shortly be booking a table for lunch, so last call please for anyone else that might join us.

We have 5 people and 3 cars at the mo.

I have a spare seat if someone wants to come along for the ride!

Only just Mr V, only just, I am ringing up at 8.30pm, so it's good news - you will get fed:yes:

54 minutes ago, Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO said:

Only just Mr V, only just, I am ringing up at 8.30pm, so it's good news - you will get fed:yes:

That's good, you wouldn't like us if we were hungry :angry:

• Haha 1

Oooh, we were nearly all hungry, pub choice no1 is fully booked!! Employ a change of route and a different pub and all is sorted, phew. 

• Like 2

Myself and Tash were really looking forward to another run out with you guys. But instead I’m sat in a random dentists waiting to have a tooth pulled. Have a good day and hopefully be out next time:orange-westy:

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, RallyVW said:

Myself and Tash were really looking forward to another run out with you guys. But instead I’m sat in a random dentists waiting to have a tooth pulled. Have a good day and hopefully be out next time:orange-westy:

Thoughts are with you. Talk about polar opposites. Not much worse than having tooth out but hopefully it resolves a problem you are having and things look up. By the way, we had great fun :)  

• Like 1

Ouch, sorry to hear that @RallyVW , don't mention to the dentist that you have joined a club that eats lots of sugary snacks, maybe not the best thing for teeth :laugh:

Us with lots of calcium phosphate still in our mouths met at Matlock and did the rather funny looking Westfield dance at the back of our cars, well that's what it looks like anyway.

DSC07648.JPG

We took a spectacular route over the tops, all on B roads and away from main stream traffic, the views were good and the weather just got brighter as we headed West. We arrived at The Rudyard Hotel and one took one's lunch in the Ballroom. It was all a bit posher than we are used too but at 8.45 for a carvery you can't go wrong.

The Rudyard Hotel

DSC07651.JPG

DSC07652.JPG

Rudyard Lake

DSC07655.JPG

After lunch we needed some teeth destroying sugar and those twisty's were waiting for us, so off we set up and over on a slightly different route back which included our favourite Crowdecote road. The MX5 club had the same idea and we joined the back of a convoy of 15 (I think that is how many Sue said she counted) of them. Glen said to me 'well that answers your question Julie - I wonder what the MX5 club get up to' It also reminded me why I drive a Westfield as the journey was a little tame, shall we say. We turned off at the next junction and resumed some proper motion in order to arrive at our cake stop in the Stone Centre, Wirksworth.

Blimey, it was humidly warm so we sat outside and ate cake whilst looking at our cars, bliss.

DSC07661.JPG

The panorama dance was soon employed by the dafter ones in the crowd, says she who delights in it!

DSC07658.JPG

Chris, Mo, Andrew and us avoided a potentially busy Matlock Bath and headed home through Chatsworth Park where we saw a herd of deer. Martyn, Sue and Trevor took the Ca**ington route back, which I am sure looked lovely now the sun had come out.

The Stone Centre

DSC07656.JPG

DSC07659.JPG

It has been yet another successful day, with terrific driving roads, yummy food and just the best company you can wish for. Thank you tonnes to everyone for making the effort and travelling such a long way to join us, I hope you have all enjoyed it too :d

• Like 6

Looks like you had a fantastic day. :yes:

• Thanks 1

Looks like you all had a fantastic time. The relief from the pain was immediate once the nuaughty tooth that doesn’t like sugar was out. Won’t be telling the dentist though Julie that I’ll be out for more sugary outings;)  Glad my Mazda powered Westy lacks the standard MX5 body and is shed in orange fibreglass instead. 

Sadly my next outing in Kiki the Westy is for my Dads funeral on Friday who sadly lost his battle with cancer on Wednesday the 27th March. He was my hero and the main reason we bought the Westy so soon as life it appears can be all too short

• Sad 3

Another fine saunter around the Peak district.

thank you:yes:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looks like I've missed another great run with you all, though I'm not sure I'm allowed back in that hotel since frockgate!

• Haha 2