How do I contact a member

TM54

How can I send message to member who is selling a car?

Edited by Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO
Title changed to help others understand the question

37 minutes ago, Rory's Dad said:

I don't think you can as a trial member. 

Correct. This is to stop dodgy messages from random spammers. A paid extended trial allows you contact members though. 

ok thanks for reply, I thought by registering that it would allow me access as there is a car I am interested in.Is it possible that I could leave my details for the person selling to contact me?

thanks tony

Here’s the lowdown on non members requesting to contact members. 

We respect our members’ privacy and that is one reason trial members cannot send PMs. 

We also expect trial members to post appropriately - so, for example, asking for a member’s phone number or asking someone to pm them is not considered appropriate. 

Members often prefer to sell to other members and thus deliberately do not post their contact details in public. We are all aware that trial members could actually be spammers from Uzbekistan trying to fleece them and thus we put these restrictions in place to help alleviate this.

Although we can’t guarantee that a paid member is squeaky clean and not from the criminal underworld, it probably does make it less likely!

Equally we don’t wish to scare new members off by being too heavy handed, so if we see inappropriate posts, we hide them and let the poster know why. Blatant spammers do tend to get pounced on though.

If you wish to join the club it is a small price to pay for the invaluable help and info we provide and as a bonus will allow you to contact the seller. 

I hope this helps. 

• Like 6