Mx-5 Track car Build AKA The Prawn

BenD

1 minute ago, BCF said:

Lol to @AdamR reply!! Ben means the brake bias mod to put more braking effort to the back mate ;)

Ben - I don't think Adam has got a guide unless it's on his munter thread, but as I recall, it's as simple as unscrewing the nut on the bulkhead side of the cylinder, removing the innards, and putting it back again. Unfortunately Martin did it when I wasn't there so I'm afraid I can't be any more helpful.

oky doky ill have  a look into it

Yeah I don't think there is such thing as ball bearing mod. Do as Barny said :yes:

1 hour ago, AdamR said:

Yeah I don't think there is such thing as ball bearing mod. Do as Barny said :yes:

What just take the gubbins out the inside. I get the impression it's like a plunger with a spring in it?

Finally got chance to go in the garage today. Decided to take the cover off the underside so I could drain the coolant. It appears that the prawn may have actually been under water lol. The cover was holding the drivers side floor in. Now I ha e a rather large hole where my feet should be going. Looks as if the prawn may have had it before it's got going :cry:

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Ben (bunje) said:

Now I ha e a rather large hole where my feet should be going.

Fred Flintstone style? :laugh:

Is it fixable Ben?

It's always fixable, just depends how much time you want to put in!

If you haven't got access to a welder Ben, just cut a steel sheet and hammer it to shape, then rivet / sikaflex it in place :t-up:

It is fixable. But as I've had a real good look at it today the wishbones are rusted to b*******y. And non of the bushes appear to be any good either lol. It won't be the end of the world if I don't fix it it currently owes me about 100quid.  I did see a decent shell for sale on ebay a few weeks back so if I can find a shell I'll transfer the gold bits over 

Do the bushes have play or just look haggard? If no play, they are fine. Same for the wishbones, rust isn't an issue.

Surprised you’re not suggesting Polycarb floopan Adam!

18 minutes ago, AdamR said:

Do the bushes have play or just look haggard? If no play, they are fine. Same for the wishbones, rust isn't an issue.

They don't appear to have play. Maybe I'll get the welder out

Our bushes look cack but are fine. Stick a bit of metal over the hole and it'll be reet :yes:

• Like 1

I could do with saving it really I've just spent 15quid on 10 tins of spray paint to turn it from pink to gun metal grey 

16 minutes ago, Ben (bunje) said:

I could do with saving it really I've just spent 15quid on 10 tins of spray paint to turn it from pink to gun metal grey 

They were cheap, where did you get them from?