• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

VX or Zetec possible with my budget?

Major Stare

Tried and tested  :D  :D  work fine in a Westfield, parts readily available can still perform with the best ......... Just ask "The voice of reason" Rob Navin or Rocket Ron Siddle  :D  :D  :D  They're still getting good times in the Speed Series with X-flows (when not blowing em up  :blush: )

There's one for sale for just £3500 on this boardroom - sounds tidy from the description and worth having a look at  :D  :D

X-flows can be leaky but that can be sorted  :D

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Major Stare

• adhawkins

• chrisbin

• Matt Seabrook

To sum up then:-

-they blow up

-they leak oil

-they can be quick

-cheap

-old

sounds bleedin great !!!! :p

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D

To sum up then:-

-they blow up

-they leak oil

-they can be quick

-cheap

-old

sounds bleedin great !!!! :p

Now Jon

It once again fall on me to point you in the right direction.

To answer your points from above.

Yes they can blow up, normaly if you let Ron drive them.  But then all engines can do that and the X-flow is no worse than any other.  You have to treat them like you would any other engine.

They can leak oil as can any other engine.  You can stop it by not putting oil in them but this does make them blow up more often  :D  :D .  They can be made to not leak though if you use the right bits.

They are quick, there are plently of supposedly better engines that are slower when it comes to the times.  Are you sure your driving is quicker than a X-flow car ?  :oops:

They can be cheap or they can be expensive.  A replacement for mine would be about 8k with no bolt on bits   :oops:  :oops: but you can get them cheaper than most other engines as they are not as fasionable as a 16v unit.

Can't argue with old but they are still easy to get parts for them.

And yes, they do sound great and in a westy they do go very well.

If you want to come over and have a good look at what a good X-flow car can be give me a shout.

Cheers

Rob

The Voice of reason  ???  ???  ???

Cheers for the offer Rob, i'll be in touch.

My only concern is my knowledge of the X-Flow is less than say a K, VX or Vetec unit.

Are there any signs to look for, i.e. 1.6 or 1.7, bored out, cams etc etc?

Hi Jon.

Just got it at home mate.  It's just the work e-mail that I'm not answering.  I will give you a ring on Monday.

Cheers

Rob