Buxton, Peak District, Sat 5th Jan

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Meet at Nether End Car Park and Toilets, Church Lane, Baslow, DE45 1SR (Across road from Wheatsheaf) at 10.30am for a quick comfort break before going for a coffee in a pub with lovely views, only a 10 minute drive away along empty country roads. 

Next we will continue with the empty country road theme and make our way to The Knight's Table, Buxton, SK17 0SN, where we will have lunch in a pub with a medieval Knight's theme (Sir Gawain and the Green Knight to be exact).

Meet us at either destination or participate in the whole event, it's up to you.

We will be at The Knight's Table for 1pm and I intend to book a table, so please let me know if you are coming. 

Anyone joining us?

• Like 2

Currently planning to join you for all of it. Flying solo but will confirm nearer the time if that is ok. 

Weather forecast is looking promising at the moment but that Keely Donovan is a wrong un so it could all change.

Looking forward to seeing you. 

• Like 1

Just to confirm I will be coming and flying solo. 

See you on Saturday!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AndrewBClarke said:

Just to confirm I will be coming and flying solo. With a passenger!!

See you on Saturday!

Just fixed that for you! ;)

Andrew has very kindly offered me the copilots seat, so impossible to refuse. :d

(I’m even making V8 noises as I type, disturbing, really. :laugh: )

So I’ll be there, add me to the reservation, please.

Dave

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can't make it, sorry folks! Enjoy the peaks!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Just fixed that for you! ;)

Andrew has very kindly offered me the copilots seat, so impossible to refuse. :d

(I’m even making V8 noises as I type, disturbing, really. :laugh: )

So I’ll be there, add me to the reservation, please.

Dave

As your engines out do the do the right thing and bung a v8 in it...?:p

• Haha 3

If I ever blow the four pot, it’s a serious temptation - it’s already the wide tunnel chassis (T5 sized, as used on some SEiGHTs).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

If I ever blow the four pot, it’s a serious temptation - it’s already the wide tunnel chassis (T5 sized, as used on some SEiGHTs).

Be careful what you wish for............................:p

• Haha 2

Yes, don’t want to tempt fate..

We must be absolutely bonkers. I’m working inside today and have cold hands and feet. That is with the underfloor heating on and the stove lit!  Keep on telling myself that it’s obviously because I’ve the wrong clothes on. Tomorrow I’ll try and have the right clothes - just call me two coat Andrew! Plus thermals. Plus Biggles hat. Plus gloves ......

• Haha 1

....plus the heated seats, plus the blanket, plus Dave has scuppered Glens plans of swapping cars, if he gets cold on my unheated seats :laugh:.

Dave - you need to turn RIGHT immediately after The Cavendish Hotel, car park is on your right

Andrew - you need to turn LEFT just after The Wheatsheaf, past the Devonshire Arms and the car park is on the left

Use your sat nav at your own peril and take your fingers out of your ears, I am talking to you :d

See you in the morning guys, looking forward to it

• Like 2

Sorry we can't make this one, have a great day, see you soon!

• Sad 2

Brilliant day out again. Thanks Julie and Glen for organising another trip eating our way around the Peak District. Fab. 

• Like 1