Car stuck in tree.

DonPeffers

driver has been arrested on suspicion of drink driving

You don’t say! Would have thought it difficult to do sober! :laugh:

• Haha 2

Old colleague of mine managed to get his Citroen Xantia about 8ft off the ground onto branches at the edge of a copse a good few years ago.  He wasn't hurt - but badly shaken

5 hours ago, Terryathome said:

Bet he walked away without a scratch

A friend of mine at university, who’d done a couple of years as a black rat, prior to that, used to reckonthe same for half the drunks he’d dealt with at the scenes of accidents. Used to say they’d be drunk enough that they just sort of went limp and didn’t fight the crashes, didn’t tense up etc, so although they’d get tossed around by the impact, a lot of the time, unless they actually got hit directly by anything, or cut on sharp surfaces, they’d seem to come out unscathed.

A house I used to live in had a bungalow in front of it . Right on the edge of a road. About a year before I moved in, the bungalow had a car land on its roof by a drunk driver , negotiating the 30 mph village at nearly 100 mph, hitting a grass bank which , Dukes of Hazzard style , launched onto the roof while the owners were asleep. Drunk stumbled out unhurt although his collar was felt quite heavily by Mr Plod soon after.

Tree mendouse thread this?

But I think I will have to leaf it for now, not that I wood n't come back and see what a canopy it gets in too

Groan :laugh:

ive only just twigged what you did there.

4 minutes ago, AdgeC said:

That car will need a good spruce up!

Nice. Take a bough.