Bloodhound ssc into administration, bummer

tex

After millions spent, more than 10 years and the best so far as I remember was about the same as an off the shelf bmw m3.   Your  average one man in a shed could have knocked up given a RR jet engine something more effective.    it’s hardly surprising.  Completing the task and actually attempting the record would have defeated the object.  A lot of people enjoyed some nice salaries for as long as possible paid for by sponsors and grants.   Do I sound to cynical! 

I bet its not as easy as you think. 

Ask someone doing the 200mph club. 

I've watched all the videos about it, seeing the engineering problems with each part ie wheels, never been done before at 1000mph.. How do you engineer something so you don't kill the driver / pilot? 

Personally I'd love to see it done.. There's plenty of people out there with shed loads of cash.. Maybe Craig breedlove will step in, steal the engineering and claim the record for USA.. 

that would be sad. 

Time the story was spread about, don't let the thousands of kids down who learnt from it, the public who contributed to it.. Shame but boy if it does happen it needs to be soon. Lots of support equipment will be sold off that's needed for a future attempt if bout 5 yrs down the road. Keep it all together 

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/updated-bloodhound-ssc-saved-investor-buys-1000mph-project

Updated: Bloodhound SSC saved as investor buys 1000mph project.

The new owner of the Bloodhound SSC project, Yorkshire-based entrepreneur Ian Warhurst, has told Autocar that he intends to stick to the original plan for the 1000mph land speed record car.

Here's hoping.

• Like 4

On many occaisions at car shows, motor racing events etc Richard Noble has been there getting donations fund raising for this and Thrust projects. I have 2 posters on my wall signed by him and Andy Green (at Le Mans) one year. Working tirelesly (British engineering at its best), Would we all be enjoying our cars if not for this sort of attitude, ignoring nay sayers etc.

Good luck to Ian Warhurst.

• Like 6