Twin axle covered trailer for sale - only £1400!

AdamR

Evening all,

My trusty trailer is up for sale!

Not bling by any means, but very reliable and functional. It was hand built by my local trailer centre for themselves to use, towing a Landy for competition use. I then bought it and built the frame (aluminium tubing and Q clamps, so it's modular and easily adjustable / removable) and had Cunningham Covers build the, er, cover in 660gsm PVC. This is proper haulage spec stuff and the fastenings are the same, none of this wimpy zip malarkey :d

The mudguards can be removed with pins, as can the number plate holder which is what keeps the ramps in place. Floor gaps are panelled in clear polycarbonate meaning cars arrive clean and dry, also helps spot any leaks from the engine bay.

Winch, internal tyre rack and shelf, twin indespension axles with recently replaced proper load rated tyres (65psi) plus spare, lockable tow hitch correctly rated for plated weight of trailer, rear support legs, fairly new jockey wheel - all works as it should. Lights are enough to be legal but honestly I was going to rewire and replace over winter, or buy a trailer board and stick that on.

Weight is approx 600kg and it will take another 2 tons on top of that, so with me only towing a stripped out MX5 or a kit car on its not been worked hard. The MX5 fits snugly, but you can walk round a kit car without too much issue, bed is 6ft2 x 13ft. Height approx 1.4m (easily clears MX5 and kit cars easily) but I can confirm if necessary. Always stored inside, only brought out when I needed to use it or for these photos.

An afternoon with a pressure washer and a can of POR15 would have it looking great but I don't have the time at the moment, so I'm happy to let this go at £1400. I very much doubt you'll find a fully functional, ready-to-go covered twin axle trailer for less!

Collection preferred from PR5 (near Preston, Lancashire) but could possibly help with delivery.

Pics below.

Any questions, shout up!

Adam

IMAG0605.jpg

IMAG0607.jpg

IMAG0612.jpg

IMAG0606.jpg

IMAG0604.jpg

IMAG0601.jpg

IMAG0602.jpg

IMAG0603.jpg

IMAG0608_BURST002.jpg

IMAG0609.jpg

IMAG0610.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I have used this trailer.

It tows well and is spacious enough to easily pass Westfield in situ.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Now reduced to the bargain price of £1400 to a fellow Westfield-er :t-up: The frame and cover cost over half of that.

I'm also travelling from Preston to Canterbury on weekend of 8th March if that helps anyone...

I can't beleave that is still for sale...

for 1400 is a steal!!!

C'mon guys. go for it. You won't buy better for less money. Heavy dutty and reliable trailer that will fit very confortably westfields and MX-5...

• Thanks 1

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.