N Yorks Christmas Meal & Amusements with Lemon Tops.

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

Our Christmas get together will be on Saturday 15th December.

We will go to the Weatherspoons in Scarborough for something to eat before venturing down to the amusements for bowling, terror tower, penny pushers, and ice creams.

We will meet at Weatherspoons at 12 noon. Parking is only 50 yards from the pub.

Prior to this, I will be travelling up to Darlington for breakfast if anyone wishes to join me in my tiptop. I will be back at my house for 10.30am.

Anyone local can meet at my house for coffee prior to leaving for the pub if they wish.

Who is coming.

Me.
Jude.
Gary.
Malc.
Di.
Dave.

• Like 2

Good man.

Looking forward to it already. :t-up:

Will see you in Darlington for breakfast.

4 hours ago, Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO said:

Good man.

Looking forward to it already. :t-up:

Will see you in Darlington for breakfast.

:yes: can’t wait

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I’m in The First and Last hotel in the borders so just a 2 hour blast to meet up for brekkie in the morning 

lemon tops here we come

3 minutes ago, Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO said:

Lemon Tops. Mmmmmmm.

see you in the morning.

You better believe it you’ve promised Yorkshire puds with breakfast mmmmnnn

38 minutes ago, Gary Taylor - Scotland AO said:

You better believe it you’ve promised Yorkshire puds with breakfast mmmmnnn

Don’t forget the , world famous..........breakfast gravy.

What a fantastic day. 

Thankyou to Gary, Jude, Terry, Emma, Carol, David, Di and Malc for taking part.

Gary had a 850 mile round trip and Jude had a 400 mile round trip so a special thank you to you both for taking the time and effort to join us.

The morning started with an early start at 5.30am with a drive to Middlesborough to meet Gary and Terry for our Christmas breakfast.

This included Yorkshire puddings with breakfast gravy.

I was really good and had a smallish breakfast but another person who will remain nameless had two, huge piles of food, one after the other. 

We had some great banter with the waitress and she invited us to her house for a meal once she found out about our secret that we all had in common.

Following our breakfast it was a brisk two hour drive to my house where Jude wore our official outfits for our Switzerland trip......heaven help us all.....she's as mad as a hatter.

Dinner followed in Scarborough where we met with everyone else.

We all ordered our food and because some of us had a small breakfast we ordered a light lunch, except for one. He had just eaten two massive breakfasts and then had steak and kidney pudding with chips. Wont mention the earlier mince pies earlier.

Amusements followed where we played on the penny pushers. We had a fantastic hour on one machine and just couldn't stop winning money.

We tried to get icecreams but the two shops we liked where both shut....so.....it was karaoke time and coffee in the Lord Nelson pub.

We had a brilliant day today and I just want to thank everyone once again for joining in.

IMG_4053.JPG

IMG_4055.JPG

IMG_4057.JPG

IMG_4058.JPG

fullsizeoutput_d1a.jpeg

IMG_4067.JPG

IMG_4070.JPG

IMG_4071.JPG

IMG_4072.JPG

IMG_4073.JPG

fullsizeoutput_d1f.jpeg

IMG_4069.JPG

• Like 3

Thanks to Geoffrey for organising today 

And to everyone who came along Terry joined us for breakfast but couldn’t come and play, and to everyone at lunch it was great to catch up again, it’s been to long since the last time 

even the 5 hour drive back to the hotel via the A19 ice rink ( bambino’s on ice didn’t have a look in lol ) was an adventure 

thanks one and all

• Like 2

Well finally got home at 5 tonight 

after the muppets who won’t slow down in the snow and ice on the A19 last night there were more on the A9 today causing accidents and taking out innocent parties

so anyway a great weekend jaunt, thanks Geoffrey for organising it all :yes:

Thanks for the warm welcome, I had such a great time.  I have however, become addicted to flinging two penny pieces at each other!!! Have a great Christmas all xx

• Like 1