• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Top Gear

oldman

Last week snooker was on ,what was it about? Balls! I rest my case.Mind you chap from Kumars was funny and Jeremy had his moments or has he a good script writer.Alas no Westfields again,never mind we might all win the lottery and drive around in Lada convertibles.

There was a big thing about the holden on mig web a while ago, seems jeremys researcher/ script writer also uses mig web to get suitable descriptions.... (cross between a calibra and a lotus carlton seemed apt though) :D:D:D

Did look like a lot of fun and that toyota had me squirming in my seat all over again - awsome :D:D:D:p

Scruffy

Those Holdens have been around for years the Minaro is an Aussie Classic

I managed a ride in a Holden Commodore V8 which are awesome  :D  :D  :D  :D  last time I was down there  :D  :devil:  :D

Only problem is most of the motorways have stupidly low speed limits  :(  :(  Its not until you get way out into NT or central areas where ist an open limit  :D  :D  :D

The cars are so much cheaper and gas is the same in cents as we pay in pence  :D  :D  :D  :)  :) and they aren't that good at Rugby  :D  :devil:

I want one of those Holden's.

as the line from lock stock goes....

its a deal, its a steal, its sale of the f###### century.

not bad looking either, apart from the slightly dodgy rear lights.

Its a pity that Clarkson wasn't in the Toyota when they blew up the tower block.

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:

I have owned three Hilux`s and still drive one

I have owned three Toyota Hilux trucks over the past nineteen years.

They proved themselves to be superb workhorses when I ran my small construction company for over fifteen years. In my opinion there is still nothing in their class to beat them. I still drive one today although I now manage projects for others.

I estimate that I have done nearly  500,000 miles in that period with only 7 breakdowns (honestly) and three collisions. Two breakdowns were for a water logged alternator on the MkII (cured by a home made shield), two for a tyre change and three for electrical gremlins on the MK I but each time I got home without assistance.

Two cars wrote themselves off on my MK I and one was immobilised by hitting my Mk II. Once a 0.5 tonne plant trailer ran loose down a hill and into the back of my Mk II stopping it running onto a busy main trunk road. All of these accidents created minor scuffs and dents although the trailer bent the rear bumper slightly.

Up until the Mk IV the drive train and chassis was practically unchanged. the Mk II was the cheaper `plasticy` version that used cable ties and plastic bumpers. The Mk III went back to `american` style engineering. Simple and bullet proof. There is also a 2 wheel drive variant of each model.

Simple leaf springs locate both front and rear live axles. Drive was by gear driven transfer box offering 4 lo and hi gears in 2 or 4 wheel drive. Uniquely this configuration enabled changing from 4x4 to 2x4 on the move provided the manual front hubs were locked.

Remarkable vehicles. You can take them a part with the simple tool kit provided, just like a Land Rover. Oil them, grease them, jet wash the mud away regularly and they go on for ever.

See my web site

Minimal depreciation and more buyers than trucks.  :p  :p  :p

fair play to Jeremy for identifying whatis a true classic albeit japanese.

PS: When it counts, what do Australians and Arabs drive.....................................................................................

.......................it aint Range Rovers....................................................................................

.......................Toyotas of course.

Not that I`m biased of course :xmas:  :xmas:

Did you notice that the se7en has now gone a bit further and now on the sub zero board ..

I was at the filming. The chap in the England rugby shirt that Clarkson moved it up the board when no-one (apart from me) was looking before they filmed the cool wall bit.

PS: When it counts, what do Australians and Arabs drive.....................................................................................

.......................it aint Range Rovers....................................................................................

.......................Toyotas of course.

Ahem. Not just Johnny Foreigner either... :p  :p  :p  :p

check prices in finalnd and denmark.

count yourself lucky you dont live there.  makes us look as cheap as chips

I was in Denmark a couple of months ago on business... nearly F*****G choked when I was charged £6 for a pint!!