• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

CARBS (40'S) & GEARLEVER EXTENSION

KIERAN

Questions on behalf of someone else, as many replies as possible please to get a general opinion.

On a X-flow with 40's would you think that it would need a choke cable or not, we are discussing setting carbs up and cold start e.t.c. Do you have a choke on yours?

Whats the score with gear lever extensions, are they available and if so where from. (type -9 5 speed).

Thanks all, please reply could do with a general opinion

Kieran.

In the old car with the 244 cam and running twin 40's I did run a choke for the early morning cold starting.  It just made things a bit easier.  

With the new cae running a Mass cam and twin 48's I have not bothered as it dosen't get started in the cold mornings.

Gear lever extensions are from Westfield themselves.  I don't have one fitted as I feel that cars with them on don't have as direct a feel to the gear change, and been slighlty larger than norm I don't have a problem reaching the gear stick just under the dash.

HTH

Rob  ???

A wide body car *must* have the gearlever extension fitted if the engine is going in the standard position. The extension *will not* fit in a narrow car without moving a chassis rail.

I have never used a choke on Webers, and unlike my big boned, knuckle dragging friend up there, I do go out in the cold.......  :0:0:D:D

I find the gear extensions crap as do most other people but thats just my opinion..but I'm never wrong! :p

Buzz

I've just dumped my choke cable as I was putting a new dash in and couldn't see the point in keeping it there. Well below freezing this morning and it started a treat! But hey! It's a Toyota :D  :D  :D  :D

(sounded worryingly Blair like there for a few seconds....) :down:

I've got 40s on a x/flow with a Type 9 gearbox.  I have no choke fitted, and never felt the need.  I have the Westfield gearshift extension, and would not remove it.  :)