Crash Helmet - Hire, Borrow or Buy

IanD

So further to my post on another thread.

DT / Sparco have let me down big time with a repair to the strap on my crash helmet and I wont have it back in time for Loton next week.

Would any one have a Helmet that they would be willing to Lend, Hire or even Sell (at a reasonable price) me or know of anywhere I could try.

I am a small or extra small size and need one with Hans Posts which makes it harder..

Appreciate this is a log shot and totally understand people not liking to loan out safety items but thought I would ask.

my only other option is to get some 1B tyres and enter in road going as I have a spare lid without Hans Posts but that will be a challenge as well as I don't think i will be able to take any time off work next week.

Any other ideas would be appreciated too.

Cheers

Ian

Ian, I have one you could borrow but it's a size 58 Medium ish size, and no idea how to get it to you unless you can get to Blackpool. 

Thanks Mark

That's really appreciated. But think it will be too big for me.

Thats going to be one of the problems. I have a small head :blush:.

Looking like I will be sitting this one out.

Cheers

Ian

Aye, you could have borrowed mine, but a. It doesn't have Hans posts and b. It's an XL

Ian speak to Luke at Playskool. Some time ago he was offering to do a helmet hire scheme. Don't think it's on now but could be worth a call, you never know ! 

Thanks Mark.

Good info thanks. 

I had sent him a PM but will try calling him as well on Monday.

Also tried a few other suppliers but no one does hire.

Thanks

Ian

Hi Ian, wearing a couple of balaclavas will help a helmet fit you better (if you're going from a small to a medium) - I've done this before. Not the perfect solution but if it gets you out of jail and over to Loton, could be worth a try ...

2 hours ago, mark.anson said:

Ian speak to Luke at Playskool. Some time ago he was offering to do a helmet hire scheme. Don't think it's on now but could be worth a call, you never know ! 

Don’t think Luke is doing helmets any more, but if he has any left they will be either very small or very large!

1 hour ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Don’t think Luke is doing helmets any more, but if he has any left they will be either very small or very large!

I know he doesn't Chris, and that was my point, he may have some odd sizes kicking about. Worth a call at least. 

Thanks Guys

I could probably squeeze into an extra small (have ad both sizes in the past and been ok). So we call Luke on Monday see if he has anything left.

Would even consider buying if cheap enough. 

Cheers

Ian

Hi Ian,

You could consider one of these budget helmet.... https://www.hedtec.co.uk/products/category/helmets/

Also Motorsport Events (same company that sell Hedtec helmets) do hire out helmets on their track days. May be worth a call into them as for a fee plus some P&P they may provide you with one. But then it would probably better and not much more expensive to buy one. They may have an ex-hire helmet in good condition to sell - worth asking.

Hope you get sorted for Loton.

Paul

It may be the Hans posts that the problem

I think Hadley and District car club bought a load of helmets of Luke to loan out to the Loton Park drivers school. Worth asking if they could lend you one. I would think it likely they will have a selection of sizes as well

Hi John

Thats a good call. I never even gave the organising club a thought. :bangshead:

On it now.

Ian