20 ton, freestanding, shop press - SOLD

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

I admit, I’m not sure whether to sell this or not. It’s one of those tools that after years of breaking vices etc was just so damned handy to finally have, but it’s also big and bulky, I don’t fancy moving it and don’t know if I’ll have room. So I reckon for the right money, it can go, and I’ll replace down the line if necessary.

As per the total, this is a 20 ton shop press, trust me, metalstic bushes go in a dream with this! It’s also been great for bearings, separating parts and even, used with some wooden formers I made at the time, for embossing the wire grill mesh to fit the air ducts in a Westfield V8 bonnet!

Its amazing what suddenly becomes easier, with a 20 ton push behind it ;)

The lower beam that the workpiece rest on is adjustable for height, in the sturdy outer frame, giving you a range of distances from the face of the hydraulic ram, of approximately 8cm to around 85cm. The hydraulic cylinder itself has a throw of about 12/13 cm. the black steel plates for supporting the work piece, as shown in the photo are included, as is the handle for the “jack”.

98C07986-90A5-4909-943F-AEB23DBFC9B7.jpeg

7211CFBE-23F1-4A72-91EE-DD6285B9C616.jpeg

D38B9698-EA44-434C-BE26-CB9BF0A5A86E.jpeg

35D73246-DEBF-4F1B-96E2-D5368AF6559A.jpeg

imageproxy.php?img=&key=b5cbfa078d886632 Note, this does break down somewhat for carriage, but is still bulky and heavy. Hence collection only

Looking for £100.

That’s the problem Andy, it’s in the (decent sized) shed, which though I’d obviously like another, is unlikely straight away.  Y the same token, I’d rather break it down and have it tucked away in a corner somewhere than just punt it out for nothing, as it has been surprisingly handy. (Used it for bending and forming steel for brackets and so on).

Truth be known, I think what I really need is someone with a nice big industrial unit/workshop to lend me a corner of!! :d

7 minutes ago, Greenstreak-Andy D said:

Oh to have a large garage!!

You know you want it :p It would be fine in your conservatory with a suitably camouflaged cover :yes:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, IanK (Bagpuss) said:

You know you want it :p It would be fine in your conservatory with a suitably camouflaged cover :yes:

Just tell the family it’s an exercise machine so that you can get beach body ready for the next trip to foreign climes!

• Haha 1

Sorry should have said, item in a Congleton Cheshire.

Interested, just the logistics problem to get it down south. If we can work a way round that then i'll take it. You can borrow when ever you like!

On 12/08/2018 at 18:21, tkm_dave said:

I'll take this off its still available please.

Dave is currently the new owner, subject to payment/collection etc.

Thanks everyone else for the interest. If there's any change, I'll update the thread.

• 5 weeks later...

OK, looks like the press is back available again, really need this gone now.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.