Blyton: Friday track briefing request

Trevor Little (Trevturtle) - Treasurer

Could we request a slightly shorter and more concise track briefing this year? 

It's important the briefing covers all points clearly, concisely, safety issues etc especially if we have new people.  If I remember correctly last years track briefing was over 45 minutes... Maybe it was just the guy presenting it, but I stopped listening towards the end.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I agree with this. It was twice the time of the Javelin briefing and it was done by the same people!

Maybe sticking to one circuit layout would be easier too, we lost a lot of time with him explaining them both, at length. 

If you get Colonel Sanders to give it, its generally quick. 

i was only thinking about this a few hours ago. it took ages last year live trev says i got fed up towards the end and just switched off. of course no fault of the clubs it was the blyton guys that took so long. i did enjoy both circuit layouts though.

Yeah, agreed. If we can ask the chap not to describe the whole lap in fine detail that would be great. We'd be better off driving it to learn the circuit instead!

We will try.... please note the event is run by Blyton Park, and we come under their insurance etc so its their party.

I will have a chat with Richard Usher circuit manager/owner.

I respectfully ask can we no leave this thread alone and stay positive. Please treat it as in hand and we will try our best!

cheers

John

• Like 3

I'm in contact with Richard, will suggest he try and influence the briefing to a) start on time and b) be limited to the need to know and around 20mins. However, as John rightly points out, if their insurance requires certain artefacts to be covered then so be it.

• Like 1

• Andy Banks locked this topic

Good News!

Richard will do the 20min version of the briefing

:praise:

Sign on from 08:00, briefing at 08:30. Please be prompt.

Richard also suggests the sighting laps are restricted to those who have not done a track day and/or Blyton before or really feel they need to go out. This will hopefully ensure we all get going early doors where the existing rules/event timetable will apply.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3