Go Pro mounting for trackdays

BenD

Where do you find best to stick your camera for trackdays. ive tried a few different places but like to see what others are doing

Mines at the back of the cage.   I have it so I can see the guages although not clear i can roughly see what they are doing.    The only thing I think when o look back at them it’s quite a high vantage point.    Up at curbs this year some one had his mounted to the front wishbone.   I bet it looked manic from that angle! Just with the amount of grass I cut the ‘Go-pro copy’ probably would start pushing up the daisies! .    If I didn’t have a windscreen i’d Probably mount it on the cage hoop cross bar for a more natural height assuming my helmet was not overly on show! 

I use a Manfrotto 035 super clamp mount with a small camera ball head. I use as many on top of roll bar, but also lower on driver/passenger sides of roll bar and it'll clamp to windscreen uprights too.

I've tried a few places, but have settled on the top of the rear cage hoop. Left side pointing down enough to see steering and gear changes.. & dials if the camera was a bit more high res.. It's high enough to see where the front wheels are plus a good view of the track ahead.

Turning the camera round, facing the rear now and again is quite satisfying. If you get someone to trail round behind for a while. :t-up:

High tech exhaust clamp and alloy plate solution for me. :)

DSCF6590.thumb.JPG.aa5b227efea339b8825ce0aeeecf86bf.JPG

• Like 1

i currently have mine at the back of the cage above the passenger seat but alot of it ges obscured by the mirror so more looking at me rather than the track.

@Andrew i did wonder how you got your camera so high on your you tube videos. think ill have to look at a solution like that

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Turning the camera round, facing the rear now and again is quite satisfying. If you get someone to trail round behind for a while. :t-up:

It helps if the person trailing does not overtake you at the first opportunity. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Michael Whitworth said:

It helps if the person trailing does not overtake you at the first opportunity. lol

Half a lap in.. :laugh:

1435641186_Mikepass.jpg.551d2c3399a2866797fda5af5332908a.jpg

I quite liked the camera on the bar at the side of the car, like this:

Passenger side might give a good view too, and pick up more exhaust sound!

• Like 1

I tend towards Andrews mounting place mostly. But variety is the spice they say so I move it regularly to get as many different views as possible, and definitely adds interest imo.

My GoPro session is mounted with their 'tube mount' to the top of the roll bar. Very solid. I run a usb cable to it for power so it can do a whole trackdays worth of film as battery life is only 1.5hrs otherwise.

IMG_20180414_140307.jpg

Mine's on the off side screen pillar, that way I can turn it off and on manually. 

20180617_101053-1.jpg