Clan McWesty applecross

Gary Taylor

So the annual pilgrimage for the clan to applecross was this weekend and after getting everything organised the clan assembled at applecross campsite from far and wide, with 12 Westies and a bmw .... i know he could have worked through the night but ..... , huts were claimed and tents erected and after the usual banter the barbie was lit , re lit and “encouraged” after a wee while the clan were fed and watered and a great evening of banter, tales and plans ensued with the tailenders heading off to bed around 12.

here it has to be noted all out thanks even Bobs were given to Lorna for preparingall the barbie goodies, it was appreciated by all

saturday dawned overcast but dry , so up ready and off to the walled garden for breakfast before heading over the pass heading for the wee glenelg ferry, on the way John’s nose “was put out of joint” a bit .... Daryl went to pull out of a junction, alas john had checked it was clear and also pulled out to find not empty road but...... the resultant tap saw the application of some duck tape and he was able to carry on however poor Daryl had to be recovered,  after a wee wait until all were situated,and Bruce heading off to a pals, the 10 westies and a bmw headed off and it was on to glenelg for the ferry, two trips of the wee turntable ferry saw us all together and up over skye to the “blue shed” tea room at Erbol

After a wee spot of lunch it was back over the bridge and with some needing fuel we would regroup at Loch Carron from here some went back over the pass to the campsite while five more adventurous  went the long way round Shealdag, food ordered and cars parked we all made our way down to the inn where some good food and drink were had including a wee cake and candle for Brians birthday and the clan were indeed in good voice as all wished him happy birthday.

A sadder occasion followed where Rab gave his last AO speech of thanks which was received with the   Usual thanks , not that he will be disappearing 

Sunday dawned with some lovely weather for the drive home, so huts and tents emptied cars and van packed we gathered for breakfast at the junction cafe before heading home all full of enthusiasm for the next one

All in all a great social weekend where names are put to faces, friendships renewed and begun, tales told and plans hatched, a fantastic route for saturdays run.......

So from ALL of us a big thanks to Bob for organising , Lorna for the food, Johns son in law {sorry didn’t catch his name) for driving the support van , to Dave and Natalie for coming in the bmw even though the westy was sick and to Daryl who despite his mishap stayed for the weekends craic

if you missed it you missed a good’un , bring on the next clan gathering ..........

EEE591E1-360B-40EA-B13D-FCB83D67FF0F.jpeg

8E128AA9-01C6-4F2D-9794-CEC390C11971.jpeg

7CE2E92B-2874-4270-A195-34D6D5D8D577.jpeg

F47F2BA8-40CE-48AD-B401-AB344CCFF9EB.jpeg

10BA9DBF-C33C-47B7-BA3F-4D12B4CE36A6.jpeg

A4ED734B-6D30-4780-873E-2A1CFD75CD60.jpeg

495607C4-07CB-4588-B76A-DFBEE12E5F1B.jpeg

9167F0F5-604D-4365-B527-A1CBFE609054.jpeg

0E703B3C-07C4-489C-816A-A5EE6070B9A9.jpeg

• Like 4

Sorry I missed out on this, but we're away on a family holiday, so couldn't be avoided. Glad you all had a great time, and I'll see some of you on the V8 cafe run next Sunday if I can get my new exhaust fitted in time.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, David-hrv said:

Sorry I missed out on this, but we're away on a family holiday, so couldn't be avoided. Glad you all had a great time, and I'll see some of you on the V8 cafe run next Sunday if I can get my new exhaust fitted in time.

No problem let me know and we’ll meet up at tomintoul / lecht junction 

• Like 1

It was an epic weekend, and we didn't get wet!

Thanks to Bob for the organisation, and to all who attended for making it such a great event - whilst it's great to see and experience the cars, these things are nothing without the people! I had a great time, enjoyed the barbecue (thanks Bob, Lorna and Dave), got my birthday cake (thanks John!) and travelled 751 trouble-free miles from start to finish.

Lost the pack on the way back after the petrol stop at Fort William, got stuck in r-e-a-l-l-y s-l-o-w traffic till just after Glencoe, but then found myself behind a mate in his Lotus Evora and we had a great drive from Rannoch Moor until he turned off for Killin. Home by 4:30.

Fantastic fun! Thanks again :yes:

Brian

• Like 1

Hi Brian

Didn't you know it Was McDonalds after the fuel stop? I didn't get home till after 5  :)

1 hour ago, Hornet600 said:

Hi Brian

Didn't you know it Was McDonalds after the fuel stop? I didn't get home till after 5  :)

Hah! Nobody tells me nuffink ;) If I'd known, I'd have been there :) Had some fun trying to catch up with you, though, even if you weren't in front of me :laugh:

• Haha 1

On ‎25‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 21:40, H.7 said:

Hah! Nobody tells me nuffink ;) If I'd known, I'd have been there :) Had some fun trying to catch up with you, though, even if you weren't in front of me :laugh:

I think you'd left Applecross by the time the decision was made to fuel then eat at Fort William. I thought I saw you at the petrol station in Fort William?

Aye, I left Applecross first so I could get fuel at Lochcarron to give me enough to get to Fort William. I met Matt and Dean at Lochcarron and we were joined by you, John and John en route. We all stopped at the Esso station at Fort William and I was the last to leave there, but didn't know about the MaccyD stop for lunch. No problem, I had a fun run back (after I cleared the traffic) with my mate in his Evora.