Ardnamurchan Lighthouse and Sango Bay by drone.

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

The lighthouse is at the end of a fabulous, twisty single track road that is around 25 miles long.

Clean toilets and a cafe at the lighthouse with free parking.

Just make sure you fill with petrol at the local garage by the start of the road.

Sango bay is a beautiful beach at Durness.

• Like 4

Thourghally reccomens a visit here , off the mallaig road take the road signposted strontian follow this single track road along the loch side to strontian, fill up here last chance....... then carry on to salem turn off on to the peninsula road and keep going 25 miles there and 25 miles back lol then carry on back round to the mallaig road 

it really is a bit of heaven with a wee jewel at the end

4 minutes ago, Alfascozzesi said:

You really crammed a lot into your week.

We where out from morning till night and we went to some brilliant places. Seems ages ago now.

When I am on holiday I want to be doing things.

Sat in a pub and staying in bed till late does not really interest me.

Another EPIC Production that wouldn't be out of place in the opening scenes of a Hollywood blockbuster.

Having spent hours editing videos myself (Family/School shows etc). I'd be interested to know for example in the above clip, how many minutes of drone footage did you start with and home many hours did you spend editing! The choice of music is great too, you have a real talent! Where do you find you royalty free music?

Good to see a glimpse of Buttercup in this one too.

• Like 2

Once again superb!

The thing is, you’ve quietly got so good at doing something  that’s really difficult to teach, learn, or even just describe; that ability to see shots, and put them together smoothly in a way that doesn’t just flow, but actually feels like it’s telling a narrative, AND to have that fit perfectly to the music too, for instance the big dramatic change in the music partway through, you counterpoint perfect.y with a sudden change form rolling beach, to crashing surf..

I don’t think you realise just how good you’ve got!

I completely agree with Ian, your mini films would not look out of place in the title sequences of any number of big budget movies, or for half the top end drama/documentaries from the BBC.

• Like 3

Excellent filming Geoffrey. You should be receiving royalties from the Scottish Tourist Board with quality like that.

......or even a BAFTA! (Buttercup Aerial Filming & Televisual Award).

(have you looked up Runrig yet for your soundtracks?)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, IanK (Bagpuss) said:

Having spent hours editing videos myself (Family/School shows etc). I'd be interested to know for example in the above clip, how many minutes of drone footage did you start with and home many hours did you spend editing! The choice of music is great too, you have a real talent! Where do you find you royalty free music?

Hi @IanK (Bagpuss)  From Memory I had only around 7 minutes of footage for the beach and around the same for the lighthouse. If I am going to a few locations I like to use my batteries as much as I can and try to limit myself to around 7 to 10 minutes filming at a location as I get around 22 to 24 minutes flying to a battery. I have to allow starting up, getting to the location, setting up the shots and flying back and landing.

When I go somewhere I try and build a story in my head. I always try to have a "Start" shot and also an "End" shot and then I try to fill in the middle.

Some films I already have the music in mind so its just about creating the mood.

The film above took me about 90 minutes.

Regarding the music, I sometimes google something like "free romantic music download" or whatever genre I am looking for

and see what comes up.

I also buy some of the songs from iTunes for about £0.70.

5 hours ago, David-hrv said:

(have you looked up Runrig yet for your soundtracks?)

Yes. I was listening to them last night and have a couple of ideas in mind. 

I thought they where really good.

• Thanks 1