Recent snap of your Westfield

SXRORY

We have some great info on the forum when it comes to looking after grp, for anything from a light tickle with a microfibre and sealant, through to full on gel coat repairs. As well as plenty of recommendations for materials etc that members have found to work well.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman said:

We have some great info on the forum when it comes to looking after grp, for anything from a light tickle with a microfibre and sealant, through to full on gel coat repairs. As well as plenty of recommendations for materials etc that members have found to work well.

That'll be what I'm looking for then. I'll figure out how and where to find it later I hope 

On 10/11/2022 at 15:37, Mole said:

Weather looks good for some miles on Saturday..

Screenshot_20221110-153513.thumb.png.f6d4fc793c72dd61716cdae6d1dc06b6.png

I live about 4 miles from Roydon!

• Like 2

After being inactive since Christmas, I thought it was time I tried to sort my non-starting issues. Not started for 7 weeks, I tried it this afternoon, and it tried to start. After cleaning the battery terminals it started. Put the battery on charge for a while, and it started on the button. 

I had to bite the bullet and take it out. Everything fine, and a run of a mile or so everything great. Then it started banging, popping and missing. Then nothing. Dead again. 

Only half a mile from home, but uphill all the way so no chance of pushing. AA called again, and were with me in 25 minutes. 

Diagnosis, king lead from coil to distributor not screwed in correctly. 

Started up and driven home with the AA following. 

Car tucked up in the garage until I can replace leads, plugs etc. 

Hopefully that's where my problems were, and I'm on the way again. 

IMG-20230211-WA0005.jpeg

IMG-20230211-WA0007.jpeg

• Like 7

Fingers crossed you’ve found the problem.

• Thanks 1

IMG_20230215_131044.thumb.jpg.c4cb19971bc2c682e82147e1c051aa05.jpg

First start of the year whilst I tidy the garage! Not overly happy with the hood fit, so I think a little tinkering with the frame is in order. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, GaryD1971 said:

IMG_20230215_131044.thumb.jpg.c4cb19971bc2c682e82147e1c051aa05.jpg

First start of the year whilst I tidy the garage! Not overly happy with the hood fit, so I think a little tinkering with the frame is in order. 

Looks great Gary, very spring-like! Now where’s that weather? 🤪

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, jollysoutherner said:

Last MOT was 2007. Taxed and ready to go.

PXL_20230214_162348254.jpg

Love the black and baby blue colour contrast!  👍 What are the wheel sizes? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DanM said:

Love the black and baby blue colour contrast!  👍 What are the wheel sizes? 

Fronts 13x8 Rears 13x9

• Thanks 1

Jobs done.

DRLs look great and work well. Got them from Original Cafe Racer ebay shop. Lamp bowls from Car Builder Solutions. Simple enough to connect to the loom supplied with the new lamp bowls, and plenty of length to play with to the original connector. Original bracket cleaned up and minus the SVA cover, looks well too.

683782DE-11CA-4AE5-954A-0893D1E87995.thumb.jpeg.ec3b242cb7ac5eabcb0b66d3fdf4ada1.jpeg

@carbon-nv carbon wing mirror covers fit a treat. Nice and easy with some dabs of black Sikaflex 291i and then once that had gone off, a bead around the top edge to tidy up.

F3F2AEC9-F840-4820-9940-DC352551AC8F.thumb.jpeg.9640b6ff884784b2be146ec2f4e54987.jpeg

Now to put some more miles on her!

• Like 7

What it is this black - surface(?) on the rollbar - is it some kind of windstop? does it work ? 

27 minutes ago, Andrzej said:

What it is this black - surface(?) on the rollbar - is it some kind of windstop? does it work ? 

It’s actually the bonnet @Andrzej. It’s the only space left in the garage when the car is in there 😉

• Haha 1