Recent snap of your Westfield

SXRORY

@Flying Carrot Steve Yes, I made it my self. I normally wear a helmet but I made this for my trip to Marseille as I didn’t fancy wearing my helmet in 30deg heat 🥵

Takes 2 minutes to take it off as it’s held on by four of these. Really pleased with how it worked for my trip (except for the rain) and now I have a template I can easily cut a new piece when needed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Matt_S said:

@Flying Carrot Steve Yes, I made it my self. I normally wear a helmet but I made this for my trip to Marseille as I didn’t fancy wearing my helmet in 30deg heat 🥵

Takes 2 minutes to take it off as it’s held on by four of these. Really pleased with how it worked for my trip (except for the rain) and now I have a template I can easily cut a new piece when needed. 

Yes I guess with no wipers it could be tricky in the rain. Have you tried using something like RainEx? As long as you keep above 30mph it works well at beading up and flying off the screen. 

Are there any laws in the UK about having a screen with no wipers? And how do you cut polycarbonate without it cracking or shattering? 

26 minutes ago, Piars400 said:

First start of 2024. Needed some assistance…IMG_2788.thumb.jpeg.db3b74897d5625576b416cbd7d96b8e6.jpeg

What exactly did you whack with that?  Did the starter motor stick? That used to be quite a common problem with cars back when I was a new driver in the late 70s and 80s, I remember having to tap the starter motor quite often! 

8 minutes ago, Flying Carrot Steve said:

What exactly did you whack with that?  Did the starter motor stick? That used to be quite a common problem with cars back when I was a new driver in the late 70s and 80s, I remember having to tap the starter motor quite often! 

Yeah - sticky solenoid on the starter motor. Couple of taps and away she went

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Flying Carrot Steve said:

Are there any laws in the UK about having a screen with no wipers?

Yes, it's potentially in breach of the construction and use regulations 1986 act:

image.pngFactory etc Aeroscreens escape this requirement by the "adequate field of view without looking through the windscreen" exemption.

It's one of those things, like front number plates, or their absence etc you do at your own risk. There is every chance that you could drive the car many, many thousands of miles with it in place with no bother. But IF you got stopped by the BiB, they could pursue the matter. Also, if you were involved in any sort of accident, regardless of fault, it could possibly be problematic, both with the BiB and with your insurance.

A proceed at your own risk situation.

(At the very least, plenty of Rain X or equivalent! and try and make it a bit m ore raked than the stock screen to improve the effectiveness of the Rain X.)

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Flying Carrot Steve said:

Yes I guess with no wipers it could be tricky in the rain. Have you tried using something like RainEx? As long as you keep above 30mph it works well at beading up and flying off the screen. 

Are there any laws in the UK about having a screen with no wipers? And how do you cut polycarbonate without it cracking or shattering? 

I haven’t given it much thought to be honest as it’s only on there temporarily, but RainEx would probably help. I just took a chance thinking that there wasn’t going to be any rain in the middle of summer 🤣

Not sure on laws to be honest, if I was pulled over I would have just taken it off and binned it if I had too.

I cut it using a jigsaw and a dedicated blade to cut polycarbonate, then used some edge trim around the outside to tidy it up 👍🏼

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Buzz Billsberry said:

IMG_7641.jpeg

Wha is this tube between fuel tan breather and fuel in ? 

1 hour ago, Andrzej said:

Wha is this tube between fuel tan breather and fuel in ? 

Just part of the venting for the tank. It’s how WSC Ltd used to do it years ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Benrobson2999 - Kent AO said:

Supposed to be gardening and doing a tip run but it’s too nice ☀️☀️ so I popped out for some grass seeds 😂 

E72AFA41-34FC-4612-9991-A1ED4E5867C7.jpeg

That's a great calendar shot for next year Ben 👍

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BigSkyBrad said:

@Benrobson2999 - Kent AO I know I harp on about this a lotwhenever I see a pic posted on the forum, but your passenger's harness is woefully mal-adjusted. In an accident, she would 'submarine' under the belt and down into the foot well, and the cross-strap/buckle would wreck havoc with her chesticles/armpits/throat/neck.

Keep harping on @BigSkyBrad the more that see the good message, the better!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, BigSkyBrad said:

@Benrobson2999 - Kent AO I know I harp on about this a lotwhenever I see a pic posted on the forum, but your passenger's harness is woefully mal-adjusted. In an accident, she would 'submarine' under the belt and down into the foot well, and the cross-strap/buckle would wreck havoc with her chesticles/armpits/throat/neck.

Most lay-passengers aren't clued on the intricacies of harness adjustment, so it's up to the captain to ensure the passenger is safe and instructed. You probably already do the following yourself self- consciously, but loosen off the shoulder straps fully and get the passenger (and help if necessary) to tighten down the hip straps first. For the first seating of the day's run, it maybe easier to sort the passenger before you climb into your side. Folks, notice I said hip straps, and not waist or stomach straps. Only then, once the hip strap is snug and tight, are the shoulder straps adjusted snug against the chest but not too tight that they are trying to hoick the hip strap up. If you have multiple passengers, they are all different shapes and sizes and the procedure needs to be followed for each.

I'm an ex-Airforce flight safety tech dealing with ejection seat and parachute harnesses, so this stuff has been drilled into me - and I wish everyone in any kind of harness the best chances of survival when s*** happens.👍

Someone picked me up on this on FB I think when I posted a picture of my little daughter in the car, for which I’m very grateful. They recommended a ‘Bubble Bum’ booster seat to lift her up a bit and I adjusted the belts properly, much better now. Ideally I would like to get a six point harness for the passenger seat; I’ve got one and it feels much more secure, and is also a lot easier to get on!!

• Like 1