Recent snap of your Westfield

SXRORY

16 hours ago, Andrzej said:

I have also fitted my halfhood today, but to drive with it I need to get rid of seat runners, as they add up approx 2cm  and its too high for me with this roof 😕 - poor visibility in front and touching hood with head. 

IMG_20240221_161640472.thumb.jpg.79e03988c7a5e6229371c7dc1e93885b.jpg

I don't think I've ever seen rear wheel arch 'enclosures' like that before, great idea! 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Flying Carrot Steve said:

I don't think I've ever seen rear wheel arch 'enclosures' like that before, great idea! 

I like it too, but its not my idea , bought this   tube with those extensions from @RJRWesty so he is propably the Inventor

• Like 1

Managed to do over hour  ride - first time with doors attached

IMG_20240224_163737559.thumb.jpg.2ca0c9c4dcfece2c0c0576d8436bdd23.jpg

Its for sure less cold inside than with Lexan side wind deflectors. Warm from heater is like "keept inside cockpit" , outside arm and shoulder not frozen .

And a little easier to talk with passanger. 

But.. soo tight!  lot of joy gone 😕

And dont know why ? - more exhaust fumes smell especialy in passanger side (exhaust is on driver side) , strange.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Andrzej said:

Managed to do over hour  ride - first time with doors attached

IMG_20240224_163737559.thumb.jpg.2ca0c9c4dcfece2c0c0576d8436bdd23.jpg

Its for sure less cold inside than with Lexan side wind deflectors. Warm from heater is like "keept inside cockpit" , outside arm and shoulder not frozen .

And a little easier to talk with passanger. 

But.. soo tight!  lot of joy gone 😕

And dont know why ? - more exhaust fumes smell especialy in passanger side (exhaust is on driver side) , strange.

I’ve found half doors and wind deflectors a decent option to reduce buffeting and keep it a little warmer. It still restricts elbow room, but shoulders are not constrained.

IMG_6206.jpeg

• Like 5

Cheeky little meet up at Curburgring!

20240225_101858.jpg

I was tip toeing on the way due to the cold and damp roads, but had dried up enough on the way home to unleash the VTEC 😂

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SXRORY said:

Winter tinkering complete! just two ball joints and the most thorough clean i think shes had since i had it (8years) I got a DA for xmas so gave it a go. It has not got rid of the bigger marks as I did not know what i was doing so went cautious, but it got rid of the washing swirls of the slap a wash mit over it job that i like to do😜. I removed side stripes as they were starting to show there age but have added some decals this year. RL200 is the engine spec being a zetec r from Raceline. I was a little unsure of how they would come out but think it works well to break up the blue. Super happy with how its come out 👍 roll on summer!

IMG20240303121433.jpg

IMG20240303121509.jpg

IMG20240303121524.jpg

IMG20240303122305.jpg

Spanking Rory! You can do mine next 😳

• Haha 1

Bonnet fixed (after 4 months 😭) now time to tax it 😁

bonnet.jpg

• Like 7

Let my younger son ( yet with no driving license ) to learn how to drive a Proper Car :) he did quite well - only two kangoorous on start then learned that there is no  too much throttle on start ;) (well ,on wide road )

IMG_20240303_173754921.thumb.jpg.731759e05a749426cde1a7b89199aee4.jpg

• Like 5

First runout with half doors fitted. Surprised how much they reduce turbulence in the cockpit. Apologies to  Stuart Davies for the blatant copying. Didn’t keep my head any warmer though. 

IMG_1924.jpeg

IMG_1923.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

I've found Sevens with windscreens have terrible buffeting. Unless you fit doors, or deflectors of course. My aeroscreen-only car has no buffeting at all. Obviously in rain it's hopeless but then I only take it out in the dry so all's good. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SXRORY said:

Winter tinkering complete! just two ball joints and the most thorough clean i think shes had since i had it (8years) I got a DA for xmas so gave it a go. It has not got rid of the bigger marks as I did not know what i was doing so went cautious, but it got rid of the washing swirls of the slap a wash mit over it job that i like to do😜. I removed side stripes as they were starting to show there age but have added some decals this year. RL200 is the engine spec being a zetec r from Raceline. I was a little unsure of how they would come out but think it works well to break up the blue. Super happy with how its come out 👍 roll on summer!

IMG20240303121433.jpg

IMG20240303121509.jpg

IMG20240303121524.jpg

IMG20240303122305.jpg

Really love your car, looks fabulous 👍👍

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ianali said:

First runout with half doors fitted. Surprised how much they reduce turbulence in the cockpit. Apologies to  Stuart Davies for the blatant copying. Didn’t keep my head any warmer though. 

IMG_1924.jpeg

IMG_1923.jpeg

Super job, looks great. I was surprised how much it help too. Just need a hat, I found it also stops my hats from blowing off!! 🤣

• Like 1