Software update tonight ×

Recent snap of your Westfield

SXRORY

4 hours ago, Richard (OldStager) said:

Having tried both in the past I am inclined to agree with you. I have a friend calling next weekend, so as long as the weather plays ball, I will remove them again and see. 

It’s certainly the full experience with them off. So long as it’s warm, not raining and you aren’t on Motorways then I enjoy it more. I just had the little wind deflectors on for our Exmoor trip and it was lovely, my hat even stayed on! When it warmed up, I took them off for some more fresh air but need to reverse the baseball cap and look a right idiot for it to stay on! 🤣

IMG_8649.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

I forgot about my wind deflectors, not sure where they are now, thanks for the reminder. :yes:

@Richard (OldStager) I very rarely take my sidescreens off. Find it much more comfortable that way (even though I have some wind deflectors) 

• Thanks 1

@Stuart

Thanks Stuart, I am prepared to give it another go, but I can't find the deflectors I made years ago, kind of thinking I binned them thinking well the doors are staying on, so why have these anymore. Searched everywhere, maybe they will turn up when I least expect it. I have to make mine ( and the doors) as I have a cat 7 windscreen frame and the rake is slightly different to a Westys one, also its taller as well. 

• Like 1

2024-05-1114_42_34.thumb.jpg.168bac5174a8021c0b9bfcb0058822a1.jpg

All this nice weather, and I've got the Aurora Borealis in my header tank 😪

• Sad 3

Winter finally has loosened its grip and the summer autocross season has started. I moved into the 2000's by finally getting a Go-Pro and here's my first in-car video taken at an autocross event.

I'm two races into my season and so far I've chalked up two wins. Next week I go for number 3. The car is feeling great and balanced and all the winter work has paid off.

dave

https://youtu.be/r6tShuUtcAY

• Like 6

Wow, well done Dave, impressive driving. I think if you are up against mostly production cars, my guess is you are going to win every event ( barring mechanical failure and / or spin out) . My car before being converted back to road spec was an Autotest car, I was never told of its history but the remaining evidence was over whelming. Good luck for the rest of the season.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Richard (OldStager) said:

Wow, well done Dave, impressive driving. I think if you are up against mostly production cars, my guess is you are going to win every event ( barring mechanical failure and / or spin out) . My car before being converted back to road spec was an Autotest car, I was never told of its history but the remaining evidence was over whelming. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Thanks for the kind words.

You are of course correct - even poorly driven the Westfield will beat most any street car out there. I’m fortunate to have some serious “modified” competition. There are 1/2 dozen cars that really challenge me to drive my best - a supercharged Ariel Atom, a Winston Cup Fiero (full tube chassis, small block V8, Porsche transaxle, massive slicks…etc), a LeGrand Mk18 and a few Formula 500 road racers. On a tight course with hard pulls out of slow corners the Atom is the biggest threat with its 320 lb/ft of torque and 13” wide slicks….on a fast and open course where aero really comes into play the LeGrand Mk18 is the real deal. With massive downforce it looks like a slot car as it wiggles through slaloms.

I always shoot for FTD and I most often get it. Harder to come by is a PAX (performance adjusted index) win - there is a PAX handicap for every class of car that does a pretty good job of leveling the playing field between a street car like a Honda Civic and a full race car. I typically take the PAX award a few times a year and it’s much harder to do. It’s very course dependent but averages out overall over a season. Our regional club does a points series for the season and this past year I’m proud to say that I took the FTD points competition and placed 2nd in PAX points for the year based on lots of top 5 finishes and not all that many first places.

It’s good fun any way you cut it!

dave

IMG_1610.jpeg

IMG_0109.jpeg

• Like 8

Absolutely, any motorsport is good fun, I never did Autotests but sprints and hillclimbs, eventually however I did end up being handicapped ( which I found unfair but folks weren't happy) Still had a blast however , as I said good luck throughout the year, keep us posted please :yes:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Davemk1 said:

Thanks for the kind words.

You are of course correct - even poorly driven the Westfield will beat most any street car out there. I’m fortunate to have some serious “modified” competition. There are 1/2 dozen cars that really challenge me to drive my best - a supercharged Ariel Atom, a Winston Cup Fiero (full tube chassis, small block V8, Porsche transaxle, massive slicks…etc), a LeGrand Mk18 and a few Formula 500 road racers. On a tight course with hard pulls out of slow corners the Atom is the biggest threat with its 320 lb/ft of torque and 13” wide slicks….on a fast and open course where aero really comes into play the LeGrand Mk18 is the real deal. With massive downforce it looks like a slot car as it wiggles through slaloms.

I always shoot for FTD and I most often get it. Harder to come by is a PAX (performance adjusted index) win - there is a PAX handicap for every class of car that does a pretty good job of leveling the playing field between a street car like a Honda Civic and a full race car. I typically take the PAX award a few times a year and it’s much harder to do. It’s very course dependent but averages out overall over a season. Our regional club does a points series for the season and this past year I’m proud to say that I took the FTD points competition and placed 2nd in PAX points for the year based on lots of top 5 finishes and not all that many first places.

It’s good fun any way you cut it!

dave

IMG_1610.jpeg

IMG_0109.jpeg

I Love those wheels .... what brand are they please ?

1 hour ago, itsagoodalife said:

I Love those wheels .... what brand are they please ?

The wheels on my Westie?

If those are the ones you are asking about they are made in the USA and the company is "Real Racing Wheels". Mine are 13" x 10" and they weight 10 pounds each.

Here's the link - https://www.realwheel.net/

dave

• Like 1

Not Westfield but if there was no Westfield I would not become addicted to 7 tyoe cars ;) - took first time to track my MNR Vortx Inboard with Honda CBR 1000 RR sc95. My first RHD car btw , not only that , maaany new things and impressions. 

Shortly - seems veeeery promising regarding driving properties, very stable, controlalble, feels like "wider" esp on rear than mine Westfield Aerorace. Also impressions when revving to almost 13 k rpm ... ouch:) 

But, to be not so good - after 2nd session - lower balljoint somehow pop up from wishbone, wishbobe "touched" rim and act as turner.

424660407_960191902774017_4163607772466986955_n.thumb.jpg.6224bfd5760ee6ec5beb304910435519.jpg440877881_960191322774075_4877887695673341617_n.thumb.jpg.effeae0d869f37a248a354ac92d940b3.jpg

ZdjcieWhatsApp2024-05-13o20_07.51_dc2a1d1a.thumb.jpg.7e4bef5dbcbc9e60f9eafab5dba8a383.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

We don't care here, any kit car is welcome.. oops, hope the rim survived the erm shaving down, at least its lighter now, lol.

• Haha 1

On 12/05/2024 at 15:25, MJS71 said:

At last, Westy weather is here again ☀️

IMG_0149.jpeg

IMG_0150.jpeg

IMG_0154.jpeg

Nicely filled arches! 👌

• Like 2