• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Recent snap of your Westfield

SXRORY

Cleaned & ready to go on track for the first time. I had an instructor booked yesterday to give me guidance before I tackle a track day. What a great time I had improving my technique and entry lines. The car felt epic and very predictable, when the rear broke away it was progressive and easily caught. I even had a hero moment of oversteer at the hairpin after that I steadily improved my lines to avoid this and carry more speed.IMG_3729.thumb.jpeg.6e3b2e2debea6a892387edb63b2344ad.jpeg

• Like 9

Looking smart there, hope the weather holds for the Journey, I saw it was quite some distance. Not been brave enough yet to remove the doors myself.

4 hours ago, Ansoeb said:

Cleaned & ready to go on track for the first time. I had an instructor booked yesterday to give me guidance before I tackle a track day. What a great time I had improving my technique and entry lines. The car felt epic and very predictable, when the rear broke away it was progressive and easily caught. I even had a hero moment of oversteer at the hairpin after that I steadily improved my lines to avoid this and carry more speed.IMG_3729.thumb.jpeg.6e3b2e2debea6a892387edb63b2344ad.jpeg

Who and where did you get the instruction? I'm keen to do that myself sometime 

2 hours ago, Stuart Davis (fatblokestu) AO - Devon & Somerset said:

All clean, ready to get dirty around Exmoor tomorrow 🤪

Expecting a lovely day, so the doors have come off 👍

IMG_8449.jpeg

IMG_8453.jpeg.ddaa3f9cf0ef0f330518a97ff559b71a.jpeg

Cracking car Stu 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Flying Carrot Steve said:

Who and where did you get the instruction? I'm keen to do that myself sometime 

It was Knockhill so possibly a trek for you. I am sure other circuits must offer  something similar. They called it a performance driving course in the driving experience section. I was on track for about 1 hr with quick stops into the pits to discuss lines, braking and technique etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You can get a golf trolley and bag in your Westfield!

IMG_0855.jpeg

IMG_0858.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Glorious days hill climbing at wiscombe park,   bluebells in the forest section and ice cream while you wait for your next go.  My local race venue, shame it isnt in the speed series. 20240511_153255.thumb.jpg.e49f1ffea537f9684f8d82d8e8fa5141.jpg

• Like 6

Loton used to my most local one ( until I moved ) , great track and I loved every run. Well done , very jealous if I'm honest ( sadly funds dictate my competition days are over for the time being) 

Well it was well worth washing the car! 🤪

IMG_8648.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

The best runs out always produce that, hope it's going well.

• Like 1

At last, Westy weather is here again ☀️

IMG_0149.jpeg

IMG_0150.jpeg

IMG_0154.jpeg

• Like 8

Lots of doorless cars here, do I need to take some brave pills ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Richard (OldStager) said:

Lots of doorless cars here, do I need to take some brave pills ?

I prefer the look of our cars with the doors off but the driving experience in my opinion is better with them on! 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Naranja_Al said:

I prefer the look of our cars with the doors off but the driving experience in my opinion is better with them on! 🤷‍♂️ 

Having tried both in the past I am inclined to agree with you. I have a friend calling next weekend, so as long as the weather plays ball, I will remove them again and see.