Deleting photos from threads

Steve (sdh2903)

This may not be an issue at all just how it works so bear with me.

I have a large for sale post running in one thread. As things are sold I've tried to keep it as tidy as possible by marking which bits are sold. However I can't delete the pics. In fact when I've tried to edit by deleting photos it's actually randomly tagged on some additional pics on the end of the thread? Am I doing something wrong?

That’s odd. But firstly in these sort of situations, it helps to know what platform, OS and browser you’re using. Some things are just best not done from a phone/iOS/Android etc.

However from tablets, (iPad/iOS 10/11) Mac, Pc etc I’ve had no issues editing a post, selecting the photo in the post itself, deleting it it, and then going to the section just underneath the body of the post, with all the photo thumbnails in and clicking on the little trash can icons for the photos you want rid of.

I have noticed in the past, if you don’t manually insert all the pictures in that click to choose files scratchpad, it can randomly include them in the post when you save it.

Ah I'd only deleted the pic in the main  thread rather than in the scratchpad too. I'll give that a go. I'd tried on both phone (mobile version) and tablet (desktop version) both on chrome.

Yep, if it’s still in the scratchpad, it assumes you still want to use the photo, so auto asigns it. I guess where it ends up, is wherever you last had the cursor in the body of text.

Just as an aside though, and there is no right and wrong, but quite a few buyers get disconcerted when the original advert (or part advert) gets edited to remove info or photos, after the sale. I know it’s almost always absolutely innocent, but it’s been remarked on that it can be perceived as there being something to hide.

The best compromise is to perhaps select the text that applies to sold stuff and use the “strike out” button, (looks like S right next to the bold, italic and underline buttons. Then just right SOLD before or after that paragraph. It makes it easy for people to skip over the no longer relevant stuff.

Like I say though, there’s no right or wrong, just comments people have fed back.

Yeah I can see both ways. It's now worked as suggested however I still have a couple of random duplicate pics at the end of the thread that won't delete. But it's no biggie.

Do you want me to have a look for you? 

I’ve just double checked and the brake disc and caliper photos at the end haven’t been deleted in the scratch pad; are you wanting to keep them elsewhere in the post, or are they done with now?

(PS, I’m dying to know if you’ve decided to go down the Jag V6 route!)

No it's ok Dave. The duplicates of pics are of things that are still available.

I was just getting enquiries about parts that were sold but the pic was still up so just wanted to clear any confusion.

• Like 1

No worries!

5 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

(PS, I’m dying to know if you’ve decided to go down the Jag V6 route!)

I wish I knew myself. The ease of a duratec is appealing but then so is the noise and power of the v6. 

If I fitted a duratec I think I may regret not doing the v6. I'm not sure if after fitting the v6 I'd regret not using a duratec tho.....

• Haha 1