Speeding. 1mph over?

John Dolan - Wirral & North Wales AO

It crossed my mind too that 20mph zones could result in more unsafe jaywalking. What then; 10mph zones?

If alcohol became a zero sum game then duty would increase a lot. As things stand £10.7 BN collected in alcohol duty and £6 Bn spent on the results of alcohol abuse.

Although Licensing Act 2003 allows for fines for those who sell alcohol to intoxicated persons only 3 cases were brought in a 12 month period in England and Wales despite news programs and documentaries showing many people unable to walk, falling out of bars and clubs and mayhem sometimes resulting. 

35 minutes ago, DonPeffers said:

It crossed my mind too that 20mph zones could result in more unsafe jaywalking. 

It more likely that if over policed we'd spend most of our time looking at the speedo rather then the road. It would change from looking ahead (and behind etc) 90% and checking the speedo etc 10% to checking the speedo 90% and looking around 10%. We'll need the autonomous tech to watch the road while we're looking at the speedo. 

34 in a 30 speed camera, I got 3 points and I think it was a. £60 fine.   Yes it was out side a school, but it was past 11pm. 

The taxi driver who almost killed me and his passengers by turning into me and causing a head on with a combined speed of -~55+ 15... got 6 points and a £60 fine.   I’m sure one of his passengers with broken ribs, leg, needed operating on and their heart stopped under general felt  justice was served. 

Cps did not want to push for anything higher as he’d loss his taxi licence, he had a good lawyer and we’d victimised and ganged up on him based on colour!    Grrr