Sport 250 Prop shaft

BugMan

OK, in trying to help a fellow member today I took a closer look at my prop shaft.

Noticed the sticker saying "don't be a nunney and forget to put some Lithium Grease in this Steve", you tool.

So as I DON't have a grease gun, let alone the right stuff to put in it, I'm after some suggestions for what I need?

I have found the grease nipple in the UJ's at both ends, cleverly hidden in black paint.

IMG_2063.JPG

19 minutes ago, Thrustyjust said:

Ur ................. some lithium grease ...................and a grease gun, is what you need :laugh:

Is it too late to state, I didn't grease mine as no such sticker was on mine. Was I wrong to assume it came pre greased? It certainly wasn't in any build manual I've read and not in any build thread I read either. I also recently adjust the handbrake cable at the hand brake end and there is evidence of grease under the tunnel top panel removed to adjust it. So I'm pretty sure mine arrived greased from the factory. I'm pretty sure it's a Bailey Morris item too. Any one care to put my mind at rest?

http://baileymorris.co.uk/Technical/Maintenance-of-Propeller-Shafts-and-Double-Jointed-Shafts

So does the S2000 need greasing or is it pre greased?

SMEG, I was hoping it was just me, perhaps Dave can spread some wisdom on this, and I agree I've not read anything about greasing anything in any printed material out of WF

Mine was pre-greased, I know this, because I did try injecting some, and it immediately pushed existing grease out.

• Like 1

Mine has 'crossflow' protected the trans tunnel, so it had plenty from the off . Not so much now. May squeeze some normal bearing grease in it at some point next winter. 

• Like 1