Peak District Xmas Holiday Run, Weds 27th Dec

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Meet at 11am, The Wheatsheaf, Baslow, DE45 1SR for a wiggle around the Peak District. Everyone welcome.

• Like 1

Oh oh oh I think I am free. I will be first proper outing in the new orange you've been tangoed car. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

sorry, we're darn sarf, visiting family.

• Sad 1

Mad Dog Pete and I plan on coming! Need to check out the new heated seats a little more!

• Like 1

oooh, brilliant, the best Christmas presents are the ones that are free, and reading this post is the just the best news.

Not taking away anything at all from our dearly beloved regulars, Martyn and Sue, but firstly Simon bringing his new car and now ABC coming too is gggrrrreeeaaattt!!!!!!

Weather is forecast good too :sun:

• Like 1

Are you thinking of breakfast at The Wheatsheaf or should I ‘treat’ Mad Dog Pete to a McD in the way? Will leave here at about 8.30 if breakfast with you or 8 if I have to endure a McD en route! Looking forward to it. Hope the forecast stays the same. Andrew

The easiest thing to do is what Martyn and Sue always do, they get to The Wheatsheaf a little bit earlier and have breakfast in there, next to the real fire, on the left as you go in. They serve all the usual cooked breakfast items, just a thought.

Wrap up warm, it's going to be cold. 

The route finishes back at The Wheatsheaf, unusually, mainly because a lot of the cafes are closed in the Peak District.

• Like 1

See you in the morning for bacon butties on crusty bread by the roaring fire!!!!

• Like 2

I was thinking about coming, but we have to take Marvin to the vets, the poor thing is going to be "snipped and chipped" in the morning. 

20171225_124226.jpg

On 12/20/2017 at 19:36, IanK (Bagpuss) said:

sorry, we're darn sarf, visiting family.

Cough................ local to me -ish ?.................. cough .............. sneeze.............

Just make sure they get the cat and not you though, Robin :d

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thrustyjust said:

Cough................ local to me -ish ?.................. cough .............. sneeze.............

Maidenhead

Does anyone know how much snow is about in the peaks, around Matlock and Baslow?