Christmas Viewing Stuff

Thrustyjust

Don’t know, but that’s an extremely dangerous way to wear your harness...

20 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Don’t know, but that’s an extremely dangerous way to wear your harness...

Yes, indeed. Lets hope it never got used in anger. Its no different than seeing how people fit their kids cycle helmets too. I guess its a case of 'knowing' best rather than being right...........

Be interested to know what the problem is with the harness , is there something I should know ?

Should I be worried ?  :(

Apart from potentially breaking all his ribs, potential dislocation of both arms and torso diving into the footwell , nothing wrong at all ;). Its just wrong on a dangerous level. The 'lap belt' shouldnt be across the chest...............

Harnesses are not like old mans trousers. They’re not designed to be pulled up level with the armpits!

Well if thats what there capable of doing , whats to stop the thing riding up from the waist to chest high during a "head on " type collision .

or rather the torso being forced forwards in an impact , seems to me thats what could happen ,

Never seen any guidance on how to adjust these and tbh mine seem to have a mind of there own when it comes to fitting and they almost always work loose while driving no matter how much I adjust and tighten them . 

16 minutes ago, pistonbroke said:

Well if thats what there capable of doing , whats to stop the thing riding up from the waist to chest high during a "head on " type collision .

You keep the lap belt in the lap and as short as possible. You then flex in the waist in and accident. Bit like how normal seat belts are in a car.

Some very interesting reading here ....

Seat Belts

Mines a Willans with Wetfield sports seats . I often think I would be better off fitting the lap and diagonal tin top type :oops:

There’s also some misleading information in that thread, it’s worth bearing in mind that one of the posters identified as “guest” was later banned for misleading and occasionally outright dangerous statements.