Radtec Aluminium Rad

graham frankland

Hi Guy's

Thanks for all your comments and advise much appreciated!

I have decided on a 42 mm Coolex base upon Craig's very strong recommendation!

Thanks again

Glutey

• Like 1

Trying to work out why so many coolex are recommended over radtec. Not bothered which. Price or cooling.

For me it was customer service and supply availability.

Good price and excellent service. 

Mine developed a very small weep after 6 months. They asked me to return it and although they said it was repairable they decided to replace it with a brand new one.

Turned it around very quickly too. 

1 hour ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Good price and excellent service. 

Mine develioed a very small weep after 6 months. They asked me to return it and although they said it was repairable they decided to replace it with a brand new one.  Turned it around very quickly too. 

Sounds familiar :cry: I assume it was leaking where the cores meet the end tanks?

13 minutes ago, IanK (Bagpuss) said:

Sounds familiar :cry: I assume it was leaking where the cores meet the end tanks?

Yes - very, very small weep. Like 1tsp in a month lost - header tank never needed topping up. It was more of an unsightly annoyance than a leak, but figured it would only get worse.

Replacement rad has been perfect so far. All in all I'm very happy - in my opinion the way a problem is dealt with speaks volumes for a company.

• Like 1

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.