New member saying hi

Victor Meldrew

Hi all,

I have never owned a Westfield or any other sports car, but I have always wanted one from being 17, I'm 45 now.

Anyway, just about to buy a Westfield 2014 plate with 2900 miles on the clock.

It has a 1.8 litre zetec engine and jenvey throttle bodies.

Full mot and colour coded weather gear.

I am paying 12k exactly for it and wondered if I am getting a good deal as I know absolutely nothing about used prices. Any advice welcome.

Many thanks in advance.

As far as your deal goes " I don't believe it"....:d

Welcome.

Hard to say, deal wise; with Westfields, condition is everything, when it comes to pricing. Then spec and finally age/mileage..

And of course, whether it’s a private or trade Sale.

What look like small differences in the first two items, condition and spec, can make a world of difference to price, and without knowing what they’re like, it’s imposssible to guess..

At that sort of age, a fairly standard spec, with a really nice build and in great condition, could be a great buy. Start adding some really popular items of spec and it could be an absolute steal!

That’s a pretty looking car, bought from a dealer?

I wouldn't care a jot what others think.  If you're happy with what you paid then you're happy.

£12 to someone with very little cash will be a lot of money, so buying in essence a "hobby car" may well be seen as profligate.  However, that same £12k to a high-earner will be small change.

my point being if everyone replied to your question with the answer "yes, its way over-priced" what would you do? take it back?  be unhappy with it for the rest of your ownership?

Whatever happens, your outlay has given you the potential for a lot of enjoyment but if you find it isn't for you or needs must then you can always recoup (most) of your money. Westfields tend to hold their value relatively well, not quite as good as Caterhams but much better than your average car.  So in 3 to 5 years time you can probably sell for the same £12k barring any mishaps.

Your pictures look great and you're probably mad keen to get out and about.  Just remember that it's almost end of season now but there's no harm in looking forward to next summer...!

One final thing, I have found WSCC membership and forum access absolutely invaluable. My membership costs have been recouped many many times over.

• Like 5

100% agree with Craig. 

Mind you, it sounds the sort of ballpark for a dealer.