Another 'irritation'!

Rory's Dad

On my phone, I have a shortcut to the unread stuff on the website which in principle is fine. Sometimes I wander off to a link perhaps, try to get back to the topic and it's disappeared. Now where was it listed? No idea! On with a search. Would it be possible please to retain your immediately previous post on the list - just the one? Thanks!

..or open the link in a fresh tab, then your original page is still open.

Do you not have a press and hold option on links to bring up the usual options for opening the link?

Oooh!

(Muggin's guide to android phone now follows)!

Press 'n hold gives me the option to copy, share or select all. So if I copy, how do I paste it into chrome Dave??? :suspect:

OK, are you looking at copying the address from the address bar at the top of the page?

If so, use select all to get the whole link, the option to copy should then appear, select it.

Open up a new tab in Chrome, delete anything already in the address bar and press and hold in the address bar. Now that you have "data" copied to the clip-board, in there with cut, copy etc, you should now see paste. Press it to copy in the saved address, then press go!

(And yes, I'm aware there are a couple of shortcuts you can do in the above method once familiar!)

HOWEVER!

Thats the long winded process!

If, rather than clicking on the address bar, you simply want to open a linked page in a new tab. Then press and hold the link, for instance the "Unread Content" button. You will then see a little options list appear, the top one is normally "Open Link In A New Tab", simply select that one, and it will do just what it said, open up the Unread Content list in a fresh tab. You can do it with pretty much any normal link!