Adding images with an iMac

All of my images have been taken with my iPhone and I have them all "sync'd" using the Apple Photos app, so they're all on my iMac as well. I can add images to posts no problem from my phone, but can't figure it out on the Mac. If I drag photos from the photos app nothing happens. Also if I click on choose files, I go to Pictures and then Photos, but no photos appear to select.

Any Mac experts out there? (Dam technology!):angry: 

I don't use my Mac Book often for Boardroom stuff, but when I do, I've found myself having to export the photos from the Photo app on the Mac Book first. For some reason, it seems, I'm guessing, to store them in a funny format. I suspect nothing else recognises that they're photos?

It may be to allow for the non-destructive editing? I'd be interested to know if there's a quicker way though.

On my Mac I  drag them to the desktop first and then drag them from there into the post.

However if I choose the file from the link, then I can take them directly from my photos.

Thanks guys, drag to the desktop and then to the post seems to be a nice quick way to do it:t-up:

Just contemplating going through my build thread and replacing all of the images photobucket has kindly wiped out! Really couldn't face trying to do that on phone or ipad.

7 minutes ago, SteH said:

Thanks guys, drag to the desktop and then to the post seems to be a nice quick way to do it:t-up:

Just contemplating going through my build thread and replacing all of the images photobucket has kindly wiped out! Really couldn't face trying to do that on phone or ipad.

Yeah, really ought to do the same, but I've done it once before and remember what a ***ache it was. :down: