Stack dash or organ transplant

mblade

I'm about ready to put some instruments in my blade.  I really fancy a stack dash, but they are sooo expensive.  My mother is due for a double kidney transplant shortly and I have found that if I just have one kidney done and use a cheap imported Korean kidney which I found on e-bay I can free up enough budget for the stack unit.  The kidney looks fresh enough and we're pretty sure it's human.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Try Paul@playskool.

He has some nice digital dash/displays which are a bit more reasonable than stack units.

Andy

I got a 2nd hand Stack system.

Let me know what one you are after and with what functions, and I will ask him, what he has.

What what

I guess I'm after a bog standard one.  It's going in a megablade so it needs road speed, revs, oil pressure, water temp and corresponding sensors to fit a blade engine.  I think fuel level is handled by a separate Westfield LCD display.  

I'm interested to see if there are any floating around...

P J motorsport contact details on my homepage link below he is open to discount about 12% off list.

Or he may have a second hand one

Paul.

I think you'll find it will also need an odometer if it's going in a road car.

Check out the for sale section on Racecar and look for advers from "KC".  Chap called Keith Connolley is a Stack dealer and also has the occasional second hand bits.

Incidentally, there is a cheaper Stack "dash" display which is incorporated into a tacho style display.  Think the main reason I didn't go for that one was the limited no. of inputs, i.e. only one pressure and one temperature, but it might be worth a look too.

Hmmm....  Those SPA units look pretty cool.  I'm trying to get a modern looking dash to reflect the more contempary nature of the Megablade and I think the combined SPA Tacho/Speedo and a combined water temp/oil pressure unit might do the trick.  About half the price of the Stack dash as well.

Anyone used them?

ive got the spa rev counter/odometer/changelight unit,had no problems at all so far (1 years use)cant comment on the dual guages,

The only thing i would say is ,when you come to change the temp sensor in the blade engines you need to get the engine up to temperature first as honda put a sealant on that sticks like s*** to a blanket and a lot of people shear the old one in place.warm engine no probs i thinks its 11mm as well .

hope this helps.

barney :t-up:  :t-up:

Robin Hood are doing 2 kidneys for the price of one at at the Stafford show in March ;) They've also produced a video on how to fit them yourself, just in case you fancied upgrading to Busa power :devil: