Speed Series Tied Championship Winners

Paul Aspden

Great idea Graham, so I will kick off by asking, in the event of a tie for the overall champion, how will the winner be decided if both class winners have maximum points over ten rounds?

This question is rather more controversial, I know SBD are to bring out there new ecoboost engined car in the near future (next season?) and I look forward to seeing it, I have no doubt this will be a competitive package. My query is, the chassis they are using whilst produced by Westfield, is not available to purchase from Westfield. I know this because I witnessed this question being asked whilst at the factory, and was told that they would not make another. So, what constitutes a Westfield chassis? And is it entirely within the spirit of the speed series for someone to run a chassis of different material spec to that which other competitors can buy?

Keep up the good work ssot, it's a cracking championship for competitors and spectators alike......and if anyone wants a sprint car, I know of one for sale...,

Edited by Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary
Added thread title
  • Like 1

Paul

The answer to you question about 2 drivers having the same points is covered by our Regs in clause 1.6.2 for both class and overall championship. There was one year when 3 of us scored max points ( Mark Smith, Terry Everall and Mark Leybourne) The rule was applied and Mark won it on biggest diff to 2nd in his class

1.6.2 In the event of a tie the winner shall be the driver who has achieved the bets average the over their immediate second placed driver at their best 10 events

• Like 1

Cheers Terry, I realised that applied to class but didn't realise it was applicable to the overall championship. 

Thanks

Moderators note:

After a slight teething hitch, where this thread appeared in the wrong section, it's now been moved to the Organising Team Hotline.

Please note, ONLY the SS Organising Team can reply to questions, so the other posts have been hidden.

Thank you.

16 minutes ago, mark.anson said:

Paul

In respect of your question re the SBD car, your comments have been noted and will be discussed by the SSOT.

I have my own opinion but it's probably not appropriate to comment on here until it has been debated.

As you say it's a controversial issue, and not a straightforward as it might first appear. 

Regards

Mark A. 

working on this in the background... we will have an outcome and publish with the final say, please bear with us

• Like 1

Paul,

Thanks for the query here is the background and decision by the SSOT

Query 0000001 - SBD Car.pdf

Many thanks

John 

Moderators Note:

John has asked me to tidy up the thread now that the SSOT has answered the questions asked in the first post.

If I may just take a moment to explain the way the Hotline works again, as it's a new way of doing things for us here on the Boardroom:-

The Hotline section is where any member of the WSCC, whether an existing competitor or not, may ask a question about the Speed Series, MSA rules, a Speed Series event, or similar.

The Speed Series Organising Team monitor this Hotline section, and will respond to your questions. ONLY the SSOT can answer in this thread, and this is where you will find the definitive answer to your question(s). Because some questions will need further investigation by the team, in order to provide the most up to date anud authorative answer, then it may take a while before they can give you a final response. Though someone will let you know that they're working on it as soon as practicable.

Whilst you will not be able to post again in a thread you've started, please do feel free to start additional threads if you have further questions.

(As a final moderators note on "housekeeping", please note that posts removed to clean up the threads are not deleted, simply hidden.)

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.