Roll bar headrests..?

John K

The forum search (which works really well now) threw up some old posts on this topic, but they were so old, I thought a new one was in order.

I have still got the original Westfield seat pads in Mr Grumpy and as part of the resuscitation, I was pondering a nice set of RX777 seats however, Mr Grumpy is always going to be at the Rat Rod end of the ownership spectrum so a set of brand new seats would stand out against the tatty old interior...

The main reason for new seats - as the Westfield pads are surprisingly comfortable - is lack of neck support if I'm 'rear ended'... I've got enough problems without a broken neck to contend with.

So now I'm on the look out for a roll bar mounted head restraint (and high level brake light).

Can any body offer suggestions where to go for one?

Cheers

2 minutes ago, John K said:

So now I'm on the look out for a roll bar mounted head restraint (and high level brake light).

This is the high level brake light I went for, and I know many others in here have as well:

http://www.s-v-c.co.uk/product/red-led-high-level-brake-light-/

Mounted it under the centre of the roll hoop.  Just took the roll hoop off the car and drilled three holes in the underside (not an issue when you're not competing), two for the self tappers and a slightly larger one for the wire to run down inside the hoop and out the bottom near side at the base.  Tap into the power wire for the brake light and ground it somewhere convenient, add a grommet to protect the wire from chaffing where it goes into the roll hoop, job done.  Nice and bright, unobtrusive, and I feel less invisible as well.

IMG_0662_edited.thumb.jpg.b56214a386fe2f38f13f2f0551d5f0b0.jpg

• Like 1