Westies in the snow

Rich Duddell

Yesterday it snowed up north - it didnt make the news, unlike the snow down south last week, as up here we just get on with life. This is an example.

I went out at lunchtime to my nearest 'major car parts retailer'. Parked next to the entrance was a yellow Westie. (Remember, we had two inches of snow last night). I went inside and asked who it belonged to and was pointed in the direction of one of the staff. I got chatting to him and he told me that he had driven it from home in the Rossendale Valley to work in Rochdale along a twisty A road across the edge of the Pennines, as he does every day. I expressed some amazement at that, given the snow to which his response was 'Yeah... I suppose it was a bit lively this morning....'

Either a true enthusiast or completely barking!!!

no! its just the case that us folks north of the m25 dont have time to whine and moan all the time! we pay less tax ! have cheaper houses! and emptier roads ! if you like the south then i recommend you stay there!!!! :D  :D  :D

Ah Rich,

if you were were a born and bred Northener rather than an import you wouldnt be so amazed  :0  ;)  :p

Oh yeah, I hope you got his name and invited him to next Wednesdays meeting, its only a short blast down the M66 for him, 20 mins at the most.  :cool:  :t-up:

:xmas:  :xmas: Merry Christmas  :xmas:  :xmas:  It's bl**** snowing here  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :arse:  :arse:

Well its sunshine and blue skies here in Manchester  :cool:

if I wasnt at work i'd be out in the westy  :D

Crisis over, the snow's all gone now  :D

Up at 6 am, fried brekky, then over to westfields to pick up a van load of goodies.

:t-up:

Then I guess it will be back to Westfields to get the bits they forgot to give me the first time round  :sheep:

Have fun Neil  :t-up:

today is only the beginning  :D