Badger56

Hi all, I have a 4L Seight running an Edelbrock / Webber 500 4 barrel carb, I've sorted out various issues since buying it in May last year, recently I noticed a "stumble" in slow bends usually after running along at a steady speed then turning into a side road. I am thinking maybe fuel pressure or surge in the tank but not really sure where to start looking, does anyone have any suggestions? The car was set up on a rolling road about 6 or 7 months ago and runs really well otherwise. Any thoughts gratefully received.

Sounds very much like float height bowl setting on your carburetor , I would expect it would also be apparent at high speed corners on a track or you could try weaving up a private road to "slosh" the fuel at low speed to simulate this effect.

It can be set on a rolling road fine and work as its stationary but when driving it might just need the float height adjusting up. you can check google for the right height and measure/tweak accordingly

Good luck

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, 6carjon said:

Sounds very much like float height bowl setting on your carburetor , I would expect it would also be apparent at high speed corners on a track or you could try weaving up a private road to "slosh" the fuel at low speed to simulate this effect.

It can be set on a rolling road fine and work as its stationary but when driving it might just need the float height adjusting up. you can check google for the right height and measure/tweak accordingly

Good luck

Thanks 6carjon, it "feels" like it could be something along those lines so I'll take a look, fingers crossed. Cheers.

• 1 month later...

Problem solved, the actuator for the "pump" on the side of the carb moved from top hole to bottom hole so it gets a bigger squirt, stumble gone. If only they were all that easy.