• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Missed opportunity?

Wonky

Hi. The ongoing battle to find a Westfield continues. I missed out on a very nice example on eBay recently and it's now listed for sale at a garage for £5000.00 more than it was listed for. How crazy. 

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201706076218514?advertising-location=at_cars&sort=sponsored&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&postcode=ct54ul&make=WESTFIELD&radius=1501&page=1

The search continues........

Edited by Wonky

Looks an old car on a new plate. Drums on the back maybe a SE. Pinto engine, gearbox and axle new ? Maybe a 10 year build , but strange things with the dash pad being short too. Nevermind, something will be out there for you.

1 hour ago, Thrustyjust said:

Looks an old car on a new plate. Drums on the back maybe a SE. Pinto engine, gearbox and axle new ? Maybe a 10 year build , but strange things with the dash pad being short too. Nevermind, something will be out there for you.

That crash pad is normal, but it's old Kit style body work, where the dash is I set into a rolled style moulded edge on the scuttle. The crashpads for kit bodywork are designed to finish flush with the bottom of the windscreen pillars, and to run virtually up to them, and to the windscreen.

It could very well be a nineties kit that's taken a long time to finish.

Thanks for the update. This is what's so scary about being a total novice. I wouldn't of known. I guess I should of questioned it when saw the original price. 

I think I'm gonna need a bit of help with finding the right purchase I'm afraid. So I might be bombarding you with questions guys. Sorry. 

The two you have mentioned about look good.

I'm guessing the 1.6 Zetec isn't going to produce a great deal of horse power? Am I right in assuming that's a potentially 15 year old motor? 

Edited by Wonky

What you need to try to do is go to your local meet and then you will be able to see a few different cars.

51 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

That crash pad is normal, but it's old Kit style body work, where the dash is I set into a rolled style moulded edge on the scuttle. The crashpads for kit bodywork are designed to finish flush with the bottom of the windscreen pillars, and to run virtually up to them, and to the windscreen.

It could very well be a nineties kit that's taken a long time to finish.

It's even older than Kit Bodywork Dave.  If you look at the rear arches and the shoulder panels it's a Narrow SE.

43 minutes ago, Mark (smokey mow) - Joint Essex AO said:

It's even older than Kit Bodywork Dave.  If you look at the rear arches and the shoulder panels it's a Narrow SE.

Aye, I forget that they share many attributes of the Kit body. :blush:

And how did it get a new reg in 2015 with the IVA failing side repeaters?

Rabbit away somewhere and grossly over priced (imo)

It looks like one of those cars you hear about, sealed up, like a time capsule for twenty odd years in an old dealership, of garage somewhere. Yet without much sign of deterioration!

All the parts on it and general build style do sort of shout nineties, or possibly early 20's for final completion.

Although you'd always expect to see a bit of a premium for a dealer sale, thats priced like a 2015 car, assembled from parts at least mainly bought in the last decade, as opposed to the last century.

1 hour ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

It looks like one of those cars you hear about, sealed up, like a time capsule for twenty odd years in an old dealership, of garage somewhere. Yet without much sign of deterioration!

All the parts on it and general build style do sort of shout nineties, or possibly early 20's for final completion.

Although you'd always expect to see a bit of a premium for a dealer sale, thats priced like a 2015 car, assembled from parts at least mainly bought in the last decade, as opposed to the last century.

You make it sound like ....... mine!!!

11 hours ago, Wonky said:

Hi. The ongoing battle to find a Westfield continues. I missed out on a very nice example on eBay recently and it's now listed for sale at a garage for £5000.00 more than it was listed for. How crazy. 

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201706076218514?advertising-location=at_cars&sort=sponsored&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&postcode=ct54ul&make=WESTFIELD&radius=1501&page=1

The search continues........

If you missed out on it, it was not meant to be. If my maths are correct you have 8 ish that should get you a good one. That one although shiny was lacking in the spec dept. 

Go for good spec and well built. Don't worry about age too much.