Mr Chairman

Mark Stanton

agreed.

Scott's membership work alone completely transformed the clubs finances and we really have gone from strength to strength again since.

Let's also not forget Silverstone Classic last year as a stand out achievement as chairman.

Thanks for all you have done.

Good luck to Andy who based on his previous Stoneleigh achievements will certainly continue to drive things forward.

David

• Like 1

I, too, would like to add my thanks to Scott.  Having paid my first subscription to him at Stoneleigh two years ago, I have always been greeted as a friend when I have seen him since and been made to feel so welcome.  Considering the number of people that must have passed before Scott in a similar fashion, that was a fine achievement.

The WSCC is a very welcoming and friendly organisation, despite its size, and I am sure will continue to be so - having a good example to follow.  I really enjoyed helping out in the marquee at the weekend and will aim to be at Stoneleigh again in 2018 to continue to spread the word!

Thanks for the kind words. It is of course because of what Scott, the committee and the wider membership have achieved over the last few years that I even considered the role.

I know I have a tidy ship to sail and I'll do all I can to keep it that way and with your ideas and continued support, perhaps make it even better.

• Like 7

I too echo the thanks we owe Scott for his work. It is easy to forget that some of the changes he pushed through did not sit well with some and we lost some vocal members as a result.

But that is the mark of a good leader and his team that they stuck to the job and as a result the club grew and became more professional and as a result now rank with the very best single make clubs in many ways.

Scott strikes me as a man who will find "retirement" boring and will soon pop back up in his alter ego

• Like 1

Yes, good on yer Scott! "Strong and Stable" leadership is the key! :d

No room here for a coalition of chaos, obviously... :p

• Like 1