Mini cooper s (the new one)

scott beeland

On my way back from a great blat around the twisty lanes near ainsdale today with Mike Db I happened upon a guy driving a new cooper S . 2-3 miles on a particularly twisty bit left him scrabbling round the bends but on the straights.... By the f*** they're not slow...... Didn't get me but definitely not slow

Yeah, your car isn't running right though! :p

If I can keep up with you in my 'ickle' X-flow, you've no hope... have you Scott!? :0  :0  :t-up:   :cool:

Great drive by the way, shame some of it was ruined by 'Sunday Drivers'  :arse:    :devil:   :devil:   :devil:   :devil:

They quote 0-60 in 5.5 secs

Eh? No they don't  ???

I thought they were about 160bhp with a 0-60 time of mid 7 secs and 0-100 in over 20.

There's a bolt on Hartge kit that biffs it up to 210bhp odd, but I doubt even that power would wring a sub 6 second 60 out of a front driver on manufacturer's rubber...

Best I've got out of my 260bhp Saaaaab is 6.4something, with an LSD and without coming out of second. It's 200 kilos heavier than a mini, but even so...

My son is the 'Mini' Sales Manager for Chandlers down here in Sussex and after we had revived him following reading this thread he sputtered that the actual figure is 7.4 secs for the 0-62 dash ......

but that's not reliable power our yongun works at my main dealer and they sold a cooper S on friday gone which went out at 10 am at 11.50 it was back in with a goosed engine on oinspection it blew a hole in number four piston and scored the block, new engine coming on monday after only 32 miles recorded on the clock, reliable or what. :0

I drove a Cooper S at Millbrook last year, power was far from impressive.  Handling was great fun though.

Any Westfield should have no problem despatching one when there isn't too much muck on the road....... :p

Cooper S is an impressive car.

Drove one last year.  Gearbox whine of the original has now been replaced by the whine of the supercharger.

Feels like a mini throughout.  BMW have done well  :0

Any Westfield should have no problem despatching one when there isn't too much muck on the road

I remember one of the Handicap races at Lydden where a standard Lotus 7 Series caught and overtook some of the racing Minis. OK, the drivers of the Minis may not have been the best, but the 7 only has approx 50bhp!